





It's January....nothing too exciting or earth shattering going on. Our days are filled with routine and ordinary things. Kindergarten class every afternoon. Grocery shopping. Playdates. Crafts. Skating. Indoor Activities. It's been too cold to play outside...and the snow is not of the best quality to be playing in...crusty, super hard and icy.
So we're keeping busy inside.
Max has been working hard on printing his letters and numbers.
As always, racing cars is top priority. Last year, Max played with this Hotwheels race track at Joey's house. He talked about it non-stop. We found one at Wal-Mart. I have to say that out of all the Hotwheels toys we have here (and we seem to have A LOT of them!) this is our most favourite and definately worth the money. Hours and hours of fun and enjoyment have been had. (Thanks Joey and Carol for introducing us to this great toy!)
Before Christmas Max told me that he was too old for his Leapster and it was boring. I'm like, whaaaaaat? I don't think so! Some fun new game cartridges in his Christmas stocking have seemed to solve that problem. He's been absorbed into the leapster world again. So much so that we're back to buying batteries like they're going out of style and setting time limits with a buzzer.
Keith is back in Ontario this week for meetings at work. I just talked to him on the phone and he was not very happy with driving in the snow on the 401. (Obviously he's not used to it anymore and he certainly doesn't miss it!) We miss him when he's not here...looking forward to Saturday afternoon when he's back.
So, tonight is going to be a nice, lazy and relaxing night. I'm still fighting my sorethroat off and on so I think we'll call it an early night. The rest of the week is pretty busy so I want to be feeling good. This morning Max had a little friend (Sam) from kindergarten over for a playdate. Tomorrow morning we have skating and then storytime at the library afterwards. (The library is located at the rec complex where we have skating lessons which is nice and convenient.) Friday morning Max has another little playdate (Christian) at our place in the morning. The weekend brings two different birthday parties and skiing lessons. Busy times when you add kindergarten in the afternoon to that mix. Which is good because the time goes by fast and next thing we know, our honey will be back home with us! :-)
2 comments:
hope your hubby is driving safely, the snow is insane right now :( blah.. lol .. LOVE the photos that have both Max and the tulips in it! woot!
Gotta love those play dates!!!! I must say we enjoyed Keith's company Tues night!!!
love ya,
Legs
Post a Comment