Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pics of Family














There are times that I really miss living so far from my family. That's to be expected I suppose. I miss celebrating every ones birthday and just dropping by for a coffee whenever the mood strikes. But you know - there are some positives to living on the other side of the country. I would say one of the biggest is that I'm much more pro-active about taking photos when I am home visiting. Ha Ha, right? I'm sure some people think I walk around with my camera permanently attached to my face. (Some days, they aren't that far from the truth! LOL!)

So my dear family members, just bear with me and don't get too frustrated. It's on cold wintery afternoons like today, that I get to sit down and scroll through and edit my pics and I get to relive memories of good times. It never fails though, (even with all my good intentions!) after I return home from a visit, there are a few persons who've escaped the lens. That just means I make a special effort the next visit to get photo's of those individuals. Winter is always hard because of the cold. It's a hard sell to convince people to bundle up outside all for the sake of a few pics. And so this time I have quite a few on my "next time" list and they include Chad & Kaitlin, Jesse & Emm, Keith's parents, Jon & Sheila and James and Donna. You have all been warned! Get ready for the summer! LOL!

These pictures were all taken the last afternoon I was home. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute! And now that I'm going through them, I think I was subconciously chanelling the Christmas Pottery Barn magazine...they had alot of birch bark stuff and rustic wood piles used as props in their home displays. Hmmm how wonderful that my parents had an outdoor woodpile dusted in snow at their place this year?! :-) Ohhhhhh the subliminal power of advertising!

P.S. Aren't my parents the cutest? Awwwww! I love those two pics of them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew the Gerber's were such models. LeeAnne has that Angelina Jolie look except her lips need a few more injections of collagen. Your family is so patient and cooperative.

Anonymous said...

good times I must say! it's amazing what you can snap in less than a few minutes!!!
xoxo
legs

Anonymous said...

your mother is so young looking....no wrinkles?!?!??! I am SO jealous! I love the picture of you with the wind swept hair, you look gorgeous!!! Anita N.

jenn said...

love the photos! Love that you and Legs have matching scarves too! Cute!