This past Saturday was nice and sunny. Keith and Max got all the leaves raked. They tried something new this year. To be honest, rakes weren't really used. The lawn mower was. They mulched all the leaves with the mower and filled bags that way. Much more compact. They filled 8 bags. (Compared to last year - we had 17) I think the recycling truck guys like us much better this year! :-) It's a good feeling to have those leaves raked up. Especially since Sunday morning we awoke to rain....and Sunday evening through to Monday morning we had our first winter wind storm of the season. Thankfully, our power at the house hasn't been affected. It flickered and went off and on a couple of times but that was it. Now at the job-site it's a different story. They still didn't have power by the end of today... hopefully it will be restored tomorrow.
I'm back to driving a rental car. For the last month or so, the Trailblazer has been acting up...sputtering and stalling. We took it into the dealership. They couldn't find anything wrong with it (of course) and so I've been driving it but only when I have to because I don't trust it. It was literally getting to the point where Max and I would take turns saying a little prayer together before driving to make sure we would get to our destination. This weekend he actually told us he didn't want to go away because he "didn't trust the truck"! Monday afternoon it was seriously acting up. Thankfully Keith was the one driving. He managed to drive it to the dealership, dropped it off and came back with a rental car. He spoke to them today and they apparently found the problem - an oxygen valve or something like that needs to be replaced. I'm just glad they were able to find the problem this time.
Preschool was cancelled today. We found out as we were walking through the parking lot on our way into the building. None of the washrooms/plumbing was working in the building. The earliest it will be open is Thursday. Tomorrow Max and I are planning a day of errands. He wants to go to the "Butchart Gardens" which is what he calls the "Park & Tilford Gardens" in our area. The P&T Gardens are nowhere near the same caliber as the Butchart Gardens....but it's a pretty spot and we often wander through after we're done getting groceries at the nearby Save-on-Foods. And there's a Starbucks RIGHT beside. How convenient is that?! I'm thinking we might do a Costco run together in the morning...we'll figure out something to keep us occupied all day long!
And in other exciting news, my camera is on the fritz. Not a happy camper. We went to a Vancouver Giants hockey game on Sunday night and that's when I realized it wasn't working. It just doesn't want to take photo's on auto. If I switch it to manual then it will. Go figure. I have no clue how to shoot in manual so it doesn't do me much good. This has happened to me about 3 other times. I usually fiddle around with it long enough that all of a sudden it starts working again. This time it's not cooperating....it's been 3 days. THREE DAYS!! I'm almost going through withdrawal. And so will you because I've got no more photo's to post! LOL! I'm going to look at it again tonight and see if I can get it working...
And just to make you smile before I sign off - today Max was talking to me about "Horse & Vuggy's". I cracked up! He was being very serious as he talked about the horse and vuggy's that drive by grandpa and grandma's house! :-)
1 comment:
oh my when it rains it pours!!! But hey things are only getting better. How can they not with a Starbucks run ;) hehe
xo
Post a Comment