Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...




To tell the truth, I'm not really into the whole decorating for Christmas thing yet. It's pretty hard to get in the mood when the weather is sunny and nice and when the precipitation is rain and not snow. I was going to put off decorating for at least another week or so...

But then Max was so bored yesterday that on a whim I got out a few decorations to occupy him. WELL!!!! I had a changed little boy. He was soooooooooo excited about everything and by the time the afternoon was over, we had pretty much dragged out all the boxes of decorations and were busy decking the halls around here.

Max is in love with the Christmas bears in the first photo. They went everywhere with him yesterday....even to bed. The smaller bear is interactive. When you press his paw he starts talking and tells the entire story of "T'was the Night before Christmas". We heard that story over and over and over... The other "decoration" that he really loves is his Little People Nativity Set. When you press the angel on top of the stable, it plays Away in a Manger and the star lights up. I'm not that big on musical Christmas stuff chiming all over the house. But....Max just adores them! It's funny how you change your tune once a little child is in the picture! LOL!

The only thing that needs attention is the upstairs tree. Honey put it up last night. Now I need to spend some time fluffing it. And then putting all the lights on. And then we can decorate it. This might take a couple of days...

This afternoon I finished addressing all our Christmas cards and putting stamps on them....they are all set to go out in the mail tomorrow. Yeah! Glad to stroke that off the list.

Keith is gone to Ontario on business for the next few days. The Maxter and I have lots of plans to keep busy. Tonight my sweet friend Michelle and her little girlies are coming over for dinner. I need to pick up Max at preschool shortly and then get some preparations started so there's food ready in time.

The North Shore mountains look absolutely gorgeous today....it must have snowed all night on them. Today with the bright blue sky and the sun shining - it made me catch my breath...It reminds me of a January or February page from one of those scenery calendars. On days like this, when I see something so incredibly beautiful, I almost want to pinch myself to make sure it's real and that I really do live here!

Stay tuned...in a few days when I've finished decorating the tree and house I'll post some pictures. Gotta run. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering who would deliver your Christmas letters this year!! No personal carrier this year, eh?!!

jenn said...

hehe I love reading your blog about the every day things in your life! So very cool! :)