Friday, November 9, 2007

"Mom! I'm bored......


....and I want to play with something that I've never played with. What can I doooooooooooooooooooooooo?"

This phrase has been used in our house every day this week...about a million times a day. Ok, ok...so I'm exaggerating a bit....but you get the picture. I've pulled out all of Keith's old toys from when he was a little boy. He's finished with those. So now we're hitting the craft box to see what we can find that's exciting to do. Today we started working on Christmas cards. Michael's had these little Christmas card kits in their dollar section a while ago. I picked up a couple packs on a whim and today was one of those days that I was so glad I did. They literally saved the day!! So the packs came with the cardstock base and then you add stickers and jewels and ribbons. Well I also pulled out a little fun-foam gingerbread craft package and a bottle of silver glitter glue. Between all the stuff, he managed to create some gorgeous glittery goodness!! He did pretty good, huh?! And you can't even see the inside of the card! Masterpieces, I tell ya...each one of them! The only thing I helped him with was the red ribbon bows. Other then that, he went to town! And it kept him occupied for about a 3/4 hour. Enough time for his mama to get some cleaning done. Yay! Max told me he'd like to give the cards to his grandpa & grandma's and his pre-school teachers... wish I would have picked up more of them. I think I'll skip by Michael's this weekend and see if there have anymore left. Crossing my fingers!

This weekend is a long weekend for us. Yippee! Remembrance Day is a holiday and since it falls on a Sunday, Keith will be taking the Monday as his stat holiday. We don't have alot planned... other then Sunday - church in the morning, skating in the afternoon and a Vancouver Giants hockey game (WHL) in the evening.

Whatever you're busy with - hope your weekend is a great one!! :-)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Patti those cards are so cute! Love them. Max did awesome, at first glance I thought you did them. I may have to stop by Michael's.

jenn said...

Oh I love those!!!! He did an amazing job! hmmm I'm checking out Michael's too, i see a craft day for my two boys in the near future!!!