Saturday, November 24, 2007

Christmas Lights...it's a mystery!




Somehow, every year when it's time to put up the lights outdoors and decorate the Christmas tree, we are ALWAYS short on lights. Always. No exception. With our ourdoor lights, there is always one strand that doesn't work. We usually figure this out smack dab in the middle of hanging the lights. So everything grinds to a halt while we race over to Canadian Tire to get another strand or two. And the best part is, the first night they all work. But by the time the second night rolls around there is always yet another strand that won't light up. And it looks so dumb but that's how it stays until the end of the season. Year after year.

Earlier this week Keith and I were discussing when we should hang the lights. The weather this week has been fabulous so we tentatively planned to put them up today. And then Keith looked at me and said exactly what had been going through my mind. "I've been thinking...lets just get new lights this year so we don't have to deal with those other ones because there is ALWAYS a problem with them!" YAY! Oh Happy Day! We picked up some new LED lights and this afternoon my handyman hung them up in record time. Can you imagine if there is a strand that doesn't work? That would be the ultimate joke on us.

Next weekend we're going to put up the tree. It should be interesting. Every year I always run out of lights. I admit I am a bit excessive with the number of lights I put on, but STILL! Last year I was positive I had a few extra strands. But wouldn't you know...I had to run over to Michaels halfway through decorating because I didn't have enough. It's like there are little light monsters who eat them up during the year LOL!

We received our first Christmas card in the mail on Friday. Wendy my dear friend - you receive top marks for your speediness, promptness and being so on top of things this early in the season!!

2 comments:

jenn said...

OMGOSH could you imagine?? LOL I hope everything is fine! Make sure you take a pic ;) Can't wait to see them!!!!! Wohooo its the Christmas season!!!!!!
love ya

Anonymous said...

Lovely Lovely, I'm sure it's lovely!! Send a pic of the house with all the lights! Max blends quite nice into the shurubbery in his green top! - did you plan that? hahaha