
Sunday morning Max woke up with "the sniffs" as he calls him. We're keeping him at home, no outside playing in the cool air, and getting him to bed on time - in hopes of averting another big cold & sick fest at our house. Today he was about the same as yesterday...so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Sunday afternoon I met my friend Michelle and her family at the park to attempt a little family photoshoot. Little Miss K was much more interested in the leaves than me...I guess that's pretty typical for her age. I think we managed to get one or two where everyone was looking at the camera. They are a beautiful family, aren't they?!
So today (Monday) did not turn out exactly the way I wanted it to. Mid-moring, I had a "run-in" with one of my dessert forks. Don't even ask. I'm not sure how I managed to do something so bizarre. I was putting away some knives and forks in the cutlery drawer. I was rushing and slammed the door shut before I had my hand completely out and somehow the fork that I was putting in the drawer flew back and one of the tines jabbed the pad of my little ring finger on my right hand. But not just a little jab...like it went in deep. OH. THE. PAIN. And for those that know me well, you know I'm not good with blood or anything like that. I managed to get everything under control and then did what all little girls do. They call their mama. Cause she's the only one who can tell me what exactly to do and make it feel all better...thousands of miles away. And you know what....within about 20 minutes of the accident happening, the pain subsided and the thumping stopped. My mama's good! (If you're wondering - the magic remedy involves lavender (essential oil). That stuff is the best thing to use if you burn yourself. Or have a run-in with a fork. First I used peroxide and then I dropped a few drops of the oil on the wound. It takes a little bit to kick in. But somehow numbs the pain.) When we moved to the west coast that was one of the items that I MADE SURE came along with me!
So are you wondering what my sweet little Maxter was up to while I was dealing with my injury? You'll never guess. The whole time I was in distress, he was emptying out all the tissue boxes IN THE HOUSE, as well as unravelling all the toilet paper rolls he could find. Then wadding them up into "snowballs" and whipping them around the house and at me. Oh yes. Have I mentioned that he's four? And seems to be going through a stage? For about the last month. To be honest, that is not typical behaviour from him at all. It's like he's hit the terrible two's about two years too late...LOL! I have heard from some other mom's that their sons went through stages like this at four. So I'm just hoping that this stage is grown out of soon. When my hand was feeling better and I managed to get the snowball fight under control, we had a little chat. And guess what he piped up with? "Mom, you know....four is a hard stage!" Well! Isn't that the truth! I have to admit I laughed. I was not prepared for that statement from him. He sure makes life interesting!
Christmas...Christmas.....Christmas.... no decorations up yet. Just listening to music. We watched two Christmas movies this weekend - "Jingle all the way" and "Elf" - we enjoyed both - they were full of lots of laughs! I've been dabbling with my scrapbooking supplies and making some Christmas cards. I wouldn't really need to as I've ordered our photocards that we'll be sending out. But making Christmas cards is fun. And I'm not making many....just a few to go to my crafty cardmaking friends! :-)
Well I'm just about finished drinking my "sleepytime tea". Going to join my honey on the couch, watch a bit of TV and then call it a night. G'night!
2 comments:
Only you could lose a fight with a dessert fork! loljm
oh wow!!! A fork??? and LOL on mr.max!!!!!!
I'm with you i'm listening to christmas music too! I'll facebook or email you the online channel!!!!
xo
Post a Comment