Thursday, November 29, 2007

O Christmas tree!



My little eager assistant helped me decorate the tree tonight. It needs some tweaking and re-arranging. But that can wait for tomorrow. It's a nice feeling to see the last of the Christmas boxes go back into storage....that means we're done decorating!

Today we had a playdate with little Miss E and little Miss K at Go Banana's in the morning - fun times! While the Maxter was at preschool this afternoon, I did some grocery shopping and popped into Michaels where I stocked up on Christmas wrapping paper - it's 50% off and they still had a great selection (now that I'm thinking about it, I should have stocked up on scotch tape. Can't forget that... and batteries! The two Christmas essentials that you always seem to run out of!)I also picked up a bunch of great stocking stuffers for the little guy, a gingerbread house kit and some more Christmas foam craft kits. Those seasonal foam craft packages have been a big hit when we have playdates here. I then rushed home and put the groceries away and it was back to preschool to pick up Max and his best friend who was coming over for a playdate after class. Sooooooo I had two little boys running around here this afternoon until it was time to eat. After supper Mr. Max and I decorated the Christmas tree - he just loved it. A couple of weeks ago I bought a new star for the top of our tree. It's silver and super sparkly - I LOVE IT! Well I put it on the tree to start off the decorating spree. Poor Max....he was almost beside himself in tears because he just hated the new star. "But, but, I want the gold star from last year. I don't like this one.... We need to have the same one as last year!" Don't ask me HOW IN THE WORLD he remembers the gold star from last year - he was only 3 at that time. But he felt very strongly that we needed the gold star. I can just tell he's gonna be big on tradition just by that whole little incident - very much like his mama!

Tomorrow morning we have skating first thing. In the afternoon is preschool and then in the evening we're having our lovely friends Michelle and little Miss E and little Miss K over for dinner. Yeah! Our hubbies will be flying back from Ontario late tomorrow night so hopefully all should get back to normal by the time the weekend rolls around.

P.S. I noticed on Max's preschool bulliten board yesterday that there was a new notice posted - a case of chicken pox in his class. He has not had the vaccination for CP. Soooooo now it's a waiting game. I would actually like for him to get it and have it all over and done with. The down side to this is the timing....a 14-21 day incubation period takes us smack dab into Christmas. Definately not ideal. But then again, when is it a good time?!

1 comment:

jenn said...

LOVE THE TREE!!!! WOWSERS you weren't kidding when you said you put a lot of lights on in eh? lol

Love it! Love it!!! LOVE IT!!!! yay i love this time of year!