Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The storm that didn't

Somehow I rather suspected today's storm would be a bit of a bust. Usually the case when it's hyped up so much. Everyone is just too prepared for it! :-)

Today was a PA day for the Maxter. We had plans. Painting plans.

My parents are moving this spring. Their (new to them) house is in the midst of lots of renovating. It has good bones...just crying out for some TLC. The whole thing needs a good painting. Believe me...I have the photos to prove it.

The next few weeks...months...I know what I'll be busy doing. Painting. Painting and a bit more painting. I like painting. When it's not my own house and I don't have to live in/deal with the mess. :-)

Heather's bedroom is the first room that was ready to get colour. I know her room looks like it's a nice pale yellow (see below) but the walls are painted with primer. It was a cross of big bird yellow and school bus yellow. With accents of fire engine red - which was the overhead light fixture and all the light switches and recepticals). Very interesting.

All ready to go this morning...

Heather's going with a light spring green colour. It's nice and fresh. Springy!! :-)


Don't be put off by all that yucky trim. Next step in the process involves white trim paint for around the floorboards, windows and doors as well as the door. And a new light fixture. Not to worry. ;-)

Max was a huge help. I was amazed. He got right to work, sanding rough patches on walls... 

 Sometimes, he got rather silly. He discovered a new love...Party-Mix. Ring-a-lo's anyone? That takes me back to grade nine!!

Outside the wind blew and snow swirled...

These two little peas in a pod, worked on priming the trim in Vanessa's room. The window installation has to be finished up as well as some work on the wall, before we can start painting her room.
In case you're wondering about that peachy-pink closet colour...that's primer. Underneath is BRIGHT PUMPKIN ORANGE. Don't believe me? Check out the photo of her bedroom door a few photos below.


Yup. Bright pumpkin orange. Stunning, isn't it? (Especially with grey trim. I don't get it.)

Max took a little group shot of us after we finished painting Heather's room. He was giggling uncontrollably the whole time. I figured the photo would contain an unusual perspective. I was right...

Here's a another shot below although the colour looks very washed out. The photo above is a more accurate reflection of the colour.
And there you have it. There is lots more painting to be done. We've barely scratched the surface. I'll keep posting photos as we move along. Fun Fun Fun! :-)

2 comments:

LeeAnne said...

looks lovely! wish i could have joined in the mess! lol!

legs

Pauser said...

Looks like lots of fun & hard work. Can't wait to see the place once it's all done!