Friday, February 25, 2011

Gerber Family Pictures

It has crossed my mind that I have been very remiss in sharing photos that were taken this past Thanksgiving weekend. Shocker I know.
It's not very often that the Gerber family is all together in one place. Particularly at Thanksgiving. That just never happens. Except for this past year. I called on my friend Nancy. She came out to my parents farm and went snap happy. Initially we just wanted to get a few shots of us all together. She went above and beyond! 

Now... this past Thanksgiving was HOT and SUNNY. Very unusual. Not at all what we were expecting weather wise. Combine that with a bunch of grumbly boys who don't like pictures....ahem! ahem! and it made for an interesting spectacle. My mom ended up getting a heck of a lot of photographs from the day. Not that she has them yet. (This afternoon I just finished up and placed an order for a couple of photobooks for her. Better late than never! ;-)

So sit back and enjoy a photo overload. I'll spread out the posting over the next couple of days. And I have to say...as challenging as it was...I love the end result. We have some great photos that accurately reflect who we are! ;-)

Getting buy-in from the boys (big and small) to get a group photo took work. They were more in interested in other things... 


(See what I mean? Big and small boys!!!)

It was almost impossible to get everyone cooperating that day. I can only laugh when I look at the group photos!


Some found the process more painful than others!


Enough of that torture. Onto the fun stuff...

(occassionally there was an escapee!)


And it's all downhill from here...


You recognize the couch? Ah yes...it's my beloved couch. I suspect it will soon be going back to the thrift store. (I do have plans to use it one more time before it goes though!) It has been put to good use, but I know that Keith will be mighty glad to hear that it will be getting moved out of the garden shed.

Bribing with smarties. Me? No..never! ;-)

So next came the brainy idea to get a siblings shot. Should be easy as pie. Right. And don't even get me going on the wonkyness of the couch. That thing is a heavy beast to lug. And it was proving to be rather impossible to get it aligned properly in the field. And it was hot and sunny. Did I mention that?! I know when to not push my luck with the boys. This was one of those times. ;-) 

We first practiced our sober faces. Why? I'm not exactly sure.


We decided Chad should stretch out and take a rest on the couch... (That's pretty typical for him whenever he's around a couch.)  But wait, first we have to pause while grass (thankyou Keith and Max for acting like the boys you are!) throw grass at us...

And since Chad was having such a nice relaxing rest on the couch....we couldn't help ourselves...


Too bad for you Chad! ;-)

We finally found some people could smile and pose prettily for the camera without too much coaxing...

No comments: