
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what LeeAnne and I were busy doing this long weekend. I must say, adding dramatic colour to walls is fun and very satisfying!
Saturday and Monday we worked on the master bedroom and the living room. The master bedroom was the only room in the house (thankfully) that had been wallpapered. It was a bit of a job to get that stuff off as it always is. I never did get a picture of that room before the paper had been ripped off. This is what it looked like when we started on Saturday, all primed and ready for colour...

I'm a Benjamin Moore fan when it comes to painting. The master bedroom is being painted in Davenport Tan. When it's dry on the wall, it's the colour of Hershey milk chocolate chips. Very cosy, warm and comforting. And yes, I was hungry for chocolate the entire time we were painting. ;-)

We have a good system. LeeAnne prefers the rolling and I prefer the cutting.


Today the ensuite is getting ripped up/out/put back together so we'll wait until that is all finished before we do a final coat on the walls. Next the baseboards and trim will get painted a nice glossy white.
The paint finish is eggshell. The reason the walls look so shiney is because the paint is still wet. Not to worry!!

Saturday found Max, happy as a clam, in his usual perch playing on his DS while we worked.

Grandpa showed up mid-morning to see what we were up to. Curiosity and all! :-)
Once we finished the master, we moved downstairs to the living room. This room is being painted Northampton Putty. When you look at the paint in the can it looks disgusting. You put it on the wall and as it's drying...it's worse than disgusting. But then...once it's dry....ahhhhh! The colour is just fabulous. I think it's my new favourite neutral. Mom made an exellent choice. It's a soft khaki taupe colour with a green undertone. I remember both of us looking at the paint in the can thinking...oh boy. This looks like..... Yeahhhhhhhh. It wasn't pretty. But from experience, I've learned you have to reserve judgement until it's on the wall and dry. This has passed the test with flying colours! :-)

Here's a peek of what the room looked like before we painted...

There was lots of yellow going on throughout the house. Which is perfectly fine if yellow is your colour. ;-)

Some trim still has to be installed around the doors and windows and then it will all get a nice fresh coat of white paint.. The floor will be sanded down and refinished in a dark stain. I think it's going to look fab!

From the hallway, you get a better sense of the colour - it's khaki...with an olivey undertone. And no, the yellow in the hall will not be staying. Patience. One room at a time! :-)

The rest of the weekend was filled with...stormy weather.....movie watching (One of them being "Akeelah and the Bee" - Have you seen it? Recommend it - Excellent movie!!)....hung out at Jesse & Emmalene's Saturday evening...Keith picked up his new truck (which looks almost identical to his old truck!)...dinner and a visit at my parents place on Sunday.....Keith took Max to FunworX for a few hours on Monday to play while I painted...and general work stuff around our own house.

(Max re-discovered the joy of crokinole at Grandma's on Sunday.)
I thought today was going to be quiet. But I seemed to forget alot of things that had been booked for me to do, including Strongstart first thing this morning. Then at 11:30 I raced over to the arena to tie skates for Max's class. And this afternoon Max has a haircut before we bring dinner and meet up with Keith at the house where he's going to do some electrical work.
The good news is.....it's Tuesday already and tomorrow we'll be halfway through the week. YippySkippy! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment