Max and I have spent alot of time out at my parents farm this summer.

At one point when I was working on a little project for my parents, I may or may not have enlisted the help of my sister LeeAnne....
Contrary to how it appears, she's not preparing to wack weeds in the vegetable garden with the hoe. It's more of a bodyguard thing.
You see, I may or may not have encountered one of my greatest dislikes and fears earlier in August. Any guesses? They slither. Eeeeeeeek! So when I'm entering unchartered territory around there (aka long grassy areas) I take protection with me. ;-)





Corn. This day we were in the back fields, pulling it off the stalks to sell at the market. What a hot, itchy job. I just about can't do it. My skin goes crazy when I'm in the corn stalks. Max and Vanessa drove the little tractor/wagon to collect it...

Heather Feather. She's such a tough little worker. Her skin goes crazy too from the corn. But she doesn't let that stop her or slow her down...

Raw corn. He can't wait to steam or grill the corn before he eats it. No way. Fresh from the field, he just starts chomping away...



Photo op amongst some mustard. So it's a weed. Sure makes for some dang nice shots! :-)




Children of the corn...



The next generation of farmers...my brother Chad and cousin Daniel farm side by side. So there's that classic poster with the two little farmer boys that says "You been farming long?" And then I've seen one of two old farmers that says "We've been farming too long!" There's gotta be a slogan for two young farmers in the middle, just starting out. Gotta put my thinking cap on for that...

And lastly some cow bossy shots. I have discovered I have such a thing for Queen Anne's Lace. Yes, another weed, I'm well aware. But I love it. LOVE IT! Can't stop taking pictures of it, or including it somehow in a shot. Even picking bouquets of it for my house. Loved this field of it with the cows in. :-)





1 comment:
Great summer pictures!!
How did you get the 2 cows to stand like that? did you have them tied up?? lol!!
legs
Post a Comment