I forgot how beautiful...

We ate dinner at Tuckers Marketplace in the Byward Market area.

And then we walked and walked and walked around Parliament Hill. We were so glad we did because the weather was rainy and dreary on Saturday and we would have missed the opportunity if we would have left it for then. So even though Max and my feet were tired and sore from all the Arnprior walking, we gave it our all and this is what we saw...






I took lots of photos on the Hill. It was early evening and there weren't very many people around so we were able to get some great shots. :-)






Women are Persons. I haven't visited this monument before. It's a tribute to the five women who fought (and won) for women to be given legal status as "persons" back in 1929.


Keith being silly...



Evening view of the Ottawa River and the bridge leading into Hull, Quebec...



Saturday morning we awoke to rain. We decided to start our day off with a visit to the Canada Science and Technology Museum. Very interactive with lots of things for kids to do...



I don't know who was more impressed with this, Keith or Max? Apparently Keith used to own a snow machine just like this one, back in the day!


A walk through the crazy kitchen. I don't know how they did it, but by the time Keith and I were done walking through it, we were completely dizzy. It didn't seem to bother Max very much. Must be nice to be a kid! LOL!

After we were finished at the museum, we decided to check out the parliament buildings. We waited too long to get our tickets though and the tours they had available were all later on in the day. So we decided to just do the Peace Tower on our own and come back again in the near future to do the actual tour. I was amazed that Keith has never been in the Parliament buildings before. Usually he has always done everything at some point in his life and I haven't. But this was one thing that I could say I've already done and he hasn't. It's a rare occurance!



See how gray and dreary it was outside? Not a nice day to be touring our Nations Capital when you want to be outdoors! The next couple of photos were taken up in the Peace Tower looking out over the city.


Time to leave and head out in the rain....and for home.

We grabbed some coffees for the road from Bridgehead. This is a new coffeeshop for us. We seen a bunch of them in Ottawa and decided to try them out. Great coffee! (We're still diehard Starbucks fans though!)

And this is what the Maxter did for most of the drive home. He rarely sleeps when we drive anymore. I can't remember the last time he did this. I really can't. Obviously all the walking of the past two days had zonked him out. He slept for about 3 hours straight until we stopped to eat dinner. Good jub buddy!


No comments:
Post a Comment