It all started quite innocently. Tuesday morning I was baking banana muffins after dropping Max off at school. I was completely annoyed with the disarray in my pantry. Annoyed enough that on the spot I began hauling everything out, sorting, tossing and reorganizing.

What a good feeling when it was all completed. I actually had room to put the tupperware container of freshly baked muffins,

I was so inspired, I continued on my decluttering mission. My purse was next. What a disaster. Much better now.

But it didn't stop there. As of yesterday afternoon, I finished up the entire main floor. All the kitchen cupboards, closets, various cabinets, etc. I went through everything. I made some great finds. Money. Two missing memory cards for my camera (they had been missing ever since we moved here). A birth certificate. Things like that. Even though we've only been in this house 6 months, it's amazing how things accumulate and become unorganized. Today's agenda is...the basement. There are lots of toys down there that I need to go through. (I know it will work best if Max is at school!)
The entire time I was working away, Mr. (headless) Snowman kept watch over the backyard. The warm sunshine is fast doing a number on him. As of this morning, there's not very much left of him.

And finally, I conducted a little experiment/taste testing halfway through my decluttering yesterday.

I drove over to Tim Horton's and McDonalds and picked up coffees. McDonald's is offering free small coffees for the rest of this week. I wanted to see if it's really as good as what they're trying to say it is. Incidentally, my brother Jesse has been trying to tell me numerous times that it's "reallllly good" and he's serious about it. I was not expecting very much from the McDonalds. I'll be honest. But you know what? It was good. Really good. And dare I say....had a Starbucks taste to it. I couldn't quite believe it at the beginning when I was first sipping away. But I can see how it's been compared to Starbucks (vs. Tim Horton's). So yes. I have to say, that the McDonalds coffee is pretty awesome. I'll definitely go back for more. Especially since I'm a Starbucks girl and Tim Horton's just doesn't cut it for me. The only thing I'm wondering though is if the McDonalds coffee is good all day long?....I'm sure in the morning and during their peak busy times, it's probably fresh. But what about the off times? Do they ensure that it's fresh? That's the only thing I don't quite trust about them...if it's consistantly good coffee I'm more apt to buy it. But if it's hit or miss....probably not....
Oh and the other nice thing? The McDonalds lids are waaaaaay better than Tim Horton's. That's one of my biggest pet peeves about TH...the plastic tabs never stick back nicely and they rip and they edges are rough when you're sipping. McD's are awesome. Nice little tab that sticks back and stays put. Rounded smooth edges. Way nice!
Have you had McDonald's coffee? What's your opinion? If you haven't...get thee going henceforth right now! It's free. No time like the present to at least try it out! :-)
4 comments:
The only thing right now though - you can't play roll up the rim to win at any other place than TH. Not that I'm all into it either, but I'll admit, it's been part of the decision at times.
McDonald coffee is the only coffee I drink - for the last yr...and every time you go there it's the same - not like yucky Timmy's....
Didn't know your purse can get like that!! Good to know! it happens to me too!
legs
LOVE mcD's coffee. I dare to say that I went through EVERY DAY and got my free one...um yes, but today I drove to starbucks in waterloo and got a skinny vanilla latte ;) ahhh
Post a Comment