
So way back during March Break (guess that was only last week, wasn't it?), I spent a good part of a day helping my youngest sister Vanessa declutter and purge her bedroom. We went through EVERYTHING. Teenagers sure collect a lotta stuff. Unnecessary stuff! LOL! ;-) In the process we came across some interesting items. One of them, being a pair of super colourful socks. My sister LeeAnne had brought them home for her when she was in Peru. Vaness decided not to keep them anymore as she didn't wear them. Just like that an idea was sparked in my head...to do a fun little photoshoot with them before they were sent away.
Later that afternoon, we did just that. The two of us trounced back to the back forty behind the barn for some picture taking. Both of us wearing rubber rain boots as it was extremely muddy and wet back there. We swiped my mom's umbrella as we headed out the door. Just for fun. The weather was gorgeous. Warm and Sunny. But unfortunately a bit too sunny and waaaaaaaaay windy. So windy that we didn't take many pictures and almost completely gave up after only a few minutes. I think the colourful socks only ended up in one or two photos by the time we were done.
Here's a handful of what we ended up with... A bit Mary Poppins inspired, perhaps?!





This would be where we called it quits. The sun and windy winds would just not let up. And there was no shelter where we were. So we headed back to the house. But as luck would have it, inspiration struck as we passed by the hen house...


Which lead to a completely different photoshoot. I sent the little missy flying back to the house to re-dress for a more country farmgirl inspired photoshoot. We had a blast! I'll be posting those pictures in another post so stay tuned.
And I leave you with me. I was wearing my mom's rainboots as we marched around the farm taking photos. Aren't they fun? I love polka dots!

2 comments:
Vanessa is so photogenic. Fabulous Photography!
hey i love those pics you took of me.......thanks
Post a Comment