My parents came over to watch the game. Last minute it turned into lunch as well. I made a lasagna and we ordered in pizza, and my mom brought a pan of mississippi mud for dessert. Hit the spot. We ended up having quite a houseful of people! My parents, my grandpa, my sisters and Chad, Kaitlin and Mr. Wyatt.



As soon as Max got home from church, he dutifully chose his clothes to wear - a Vancouver Olympics shirt and red track pants because...they're red - Canada's colour. Then he grabbed scrap paper and markers and started creating banners for everyone to use to cheer on the game. Here's one of them he waved around...

(It's a bit hard to see the writing because he used a yellow felt. It says "Go for Gold Canada" and has a gold medal drawn on it.)
My grandpa told us that he hadn't seen a hockey game in a loooooong time. It was probably too loud and busy for him to follow, but he seemed to enjoy himself - perched in there with the rest of us!

Max ocassionally used his little binoculars. He seemed to think he could see the goals better with them.

Here's a group shot of everyone cheering. Chad, Kaitlin and Wyatt had left by this time as they had farm chores to attend too. And my dad and grandpa were just getting ready to leave as well so I made everyone group together for one big cheering photo! :-)

Max managed to convince Grandma to take a few shots on him. He was pretending to be "Luongo". It was pretty hard for her to concentrate long enough to make the shots...she was too engrossed in the game that was going on.

Here's another banner the Maxter made and was waving. This one says "Canada Go as Sidne is the Best in hockey".

Our little family cheering shot!

And then Keith was taking a picture of me with my mom and sisters and sure enough...it was all too much for Max and he had to join in there too. :-)

Wow. It truly was an exciting game. Shall I let you in on a little secret? I couldn't handle the pressure and excitement. The last 10 minutes of the game, I had to leave the room and go upstairs and do something else. It was too much for me. As soon as I heard the "crowd go wild" in the basement, I knew it was "safe" for me to go back downstairs and celebrate the Canadian win. Thank goodness for TIVO so that we could rewind and watch it again. I knew it was a happy ending so I didn't mind watching it then. And by the way...I did the same thing during the women's gold medal game too...couldn't watch the last few minutes.
Apparently it was a gorgeous day outside on Sunday afternoon. We wouldn't know as we were too wrapped up in olympic hockey fever. Barely 24 hours old, Mr. Snowman in the backyard took quite a beating from the warm sun. He lost an arm. And his nose. And you will notice his hat is hanging very precariously...

And indeed, before the afternoon was over, his hat slid off his head as well. Not sure how long he'll stick around...
And finally a shout-out about Paul Brandt's new song called "Canadian Man - Hockey version 2010". I heard it on the radio this morning. I like Paul Brandt's music. It's country. He's a Canadian, from Alberta. My friend Wendy introduced me to one of his CD's quite a few years ago and I was hooked. In fact, we even went to one of his concerts together and it was totally awesome! He's just released a song to celebrate the Canadian gold we got from the men's hockey team on Sunday afternoon. The lyrics are fun. You can hear a snippet here: snippet
And if you want, you can download the entire song for only a buck! :-)

1 comment:
I know what you mean about leaving the room. was at Ahhhlex's house watching the game and that's what Kim and I had to do a couple of times too. Great game! Who would've thought I'd be into hockey????
Post a Comment