To be honest, things have not really went as planned. Our up-in-the-air-spur-of-the-moment vacation plans didn't pan out. So we're spending this one at home. This is the first time we've been at home for spring break in forever.
We planned to go up to visit Keith's parents this past weekend. Keith and Max wanted to get some ice-fishing in before the season ends. Friday morning Max woke up with a tickly cough. Keith also woke up feeling under the weather. He got home later than usual on Friday from work and by that time did not feel well at all. He made the call and cancelled our weekend plans.
On Saturday Max's cough wasn't any worse, so we headed over to Plattsville for his hockey game at 12:30. We thought we were being smart getting him dressed before we went. We arrived only to find a sign on the arena door stating the game was cancelled. The power had been off and the ice was too soft. So home we went.
At that point, I decided not to plan anything else and just take this little break one day at a time. Whatever happens, happens! :-)
Balloons, mini-cupcakes and silly string. The perfect way to kick off March Break...

The weather was absolute garbage on Saturday. Keith helped Max work on a little wooden airplane craft - gluing it together and painting...

Lunch at McDonald's. The happy meal treat sure makes for a happy little boy. Funny how that is. Incidentally, Keith tried McD's coffee for the first time. He agrees it's much more like Starbucks (then TH) but it's still not the same. Our conclusion is that it's not strong enough...it's the watered down version.

So the little wooden airplane kit that Keith and Max put together started the wheels turning. And before I knew it, we were headed to Michaels on Saturday afternoon. Yes, Michaels and it wasn't even my idea. It was the boys. They picked out a couple of model airplane sets to work on. Wow. Such painstaking work. Definitely not my cup of tea. This was the scene at our dining room table for the majority of the weekend...

I'm so thankful the weather changed. I was a bit worried about how I was going to keep the Maxter entertained this week. What an extreme change it's been though. From nasty hurricane monsoon rainstorms on the weekend to gorgeous sunbathing weather. YES please to the later!
Max has rediscovered his old toys. The toys he used to play with day in and day out before he started grade one all day school. He has been playing so quietly and busily. Dragging stuff out from every corner of the house. Monday morning I peaked into his room and this was the scene I was greeted with. Hello playmobil airport set. It's almost been a year since we've seen you last...

And here is the evidence to prove that yes, he is his mother's son. I did not set up this photo. Or ask him to pose like this. He instigated it. Coming to ask me if I could take a picture of him with the "M". He was full of all kinds of ideas of how to pose with it. This is my favourite one...

We spent part of a day at my parents farm. Ah yes, the farm. Max gobbled up grandma's peanut butter cookies. And played games with her and helped Uncle Chad milk the cows. While I was ruthless in going through every inch of Vanessa's room with her. Remember my decluttering rampage last week? It didn't just stay at my house. So far I've also assisted Heather and now Vanessa. Who's next on my list?! LOL! Late in the afternoon, Vanessa and I did a very spontaneous little photoshoot. So much fun. I haven't finished editing them all yet. I'll make sure to post them when I finish them up.

Last night, Keith was still feeling achy and not 100% so he decided to do some hot tubbing after dinner. Max joined him. It was such a beautiful evening. I snapped a couple of photos of them and fell in love with this one. I didn't even realize I had taken this photo at the time. I like happy little surprises like that in my camera! :-)

More little crafting moments. Good old perler beads. They keep little hands busy. He's in the process of creating a 3D jungle complete with trees and jungle animals. It's going to take a while. One little alligator at a time...

The view from my kitchen window today included a little boy kicking a soccer ball around...

And then before I knew it, he had gotten his quad out of the garage and was ripping around the yard with it.

With the weather being so fantastic, how could we not lunch outside? We tried. But within 30 seconds of eating, the bees arrived. Seriously? Yes. I think they smelled the fresh mango. Someone was NOT amused. Unfortunately, we had to move indoors in a hurry.

We have a little ditch of water that runs along the back of our property...it's the perfect size for a six year old to do running jumps over...

...and fish for salmon as well. At least that is what he informed me he was doing. My poor landlocked little boy... he's going to be mighty disappointed when he realizes how far away we are from salmon fishing. I think we'll just keep that a secret for now.

Keith flew to Vancouver today for work and will be there for the rest of the week. Kinda bites that he's gone over spring break but we will survive. We'll keep busy with a bunch of birthday parties and drinking purple cows (have you tried one? mmmm! Mighty delish and oh so easy....you just need milk, vanilla icecream, grape juice concentrate, a blender et voila! Purple Cows!! ) and playdates with friends and trips to the farm and hockey tournaments, and, and, and...Friday will be here before we know it! :-)
2 comments:
Great picture of Vanessa. Can't wait to see more. And aren't you just loving this amazing weather. I can tell you are!
your are seriously the coolest mom around. ...why...all the stuff you do with Max!!! That Gimmie a March Break poster is the BEST you rock!
Post a Comment