Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vancouver Island - The Butchart Gardens












The Butchart Gardens. So many people travel so far to see them. We thought we better check them out while we live relatively close. They are very beautiful. I can't even begin to imagine how much planning and planting and time and effort goes into maintaining these gardens. If you are into manicured gardens with lots of flowers then this is the place for you! We didn't end up staying overly long as there was an over abundance of people (check out the rose garden photo - it was almost impossible to walk through there due to the amount of people). So we went through, enjoyed it and finished off with yummy gelato. (Can anyone tell me...are there gelato shops in Ontario by now? Please please say yes...!)

One thing that we're enjoying is Max on the camera. He loves to take pictures when we ask him and does a pretty good job. It's nice to start having a few more photos of just Keith and I again...they've been pretty scarce the past few years.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

They sell Gelato at Herrle's market(by St. Agatha) and I think there is a place downtown Waterloo.

Steph :-)

Michelle said...

Yep - Whole Lot of Gelato - downtown Waterloo across from Starbucks - match made in heaven Patti!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Patti we had Gelato at Storybook Gardens last week. I thought of you, since you introduced me to Gelato at Deep Cove.