Wednesday, September 19, 2007

We're sad. And we're lonely.


"Now they're gone. We're sad. And we're lonely."
This is what Max says (in the most little forlorn voice you've ever heard) whenever our family and friends leave and head home. Early this morning, we dropped Chad & Kaitlin off at the airport. Immediately after we said our good-bye's and started walking away from them, he repeated his famous little quote. I told him that before he knows it, Christmas will be here and we'll be visiting Chad & Kaitlin at their house. Next thing you know, all thoughts and talks turn to hockey. He knows he'll be able to play hockey with Chad at their place.

We've had one full week of pre-school. Cooler fall weather is upon us. (In fact, I turned the furnace on yesterday for a bit to take out the chilly feeling in the house.) It would just stand to reason that the cold and sniffles season is around the corner. I was hoping this year would be different. No luck. All through the night last night, I could hear Max sniffling away and coughing. This morning he has the start of a cold. Not the greatest timing since we're having his little birthday party tomorrow afternoon after pre-school at Go Banana's. It's an indoor jungle climbing gym type of place. I think I'm going to keep him home from pre-school today so he can nap this afternoon and hopefully we'll be able to nip this in the bud and fight off the worst of the cold. Crossing my fingers.

While I think of it - has anyone experienced technical problems with Facebook?? I can't add any friends or send messages or respond to anyone. It's odd. I just get an "error" message at the bottom of my screen that says "error on page" or something like that. It's driving me crazy! So for all people out there who've sent me anything via facebook - I'm not ignoring you. Just can't get anything to work properly.

Well I'm off to tackle Mount Laundry today. And maybe if I'm feeling energetic we'll try scaling the Clean-the-House Mountain Range as well.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

jenn said...

I had that and actually the email you sent the message to add me as a friend, was from my other account. I ended up redoing it as Jennifer Rhodes Metzger with my hotmail email. It only seems to work with a hotmail addy???

xo
we HAVE to visit at xmas..even if its for 10mins LOL