Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to Pre-School




Today was Maxwell's first day back at pre-school. Oh the excitement! He has been waiting for this all summer long...since the last day of pre-school in June.

This year he will be going three afternoon's each week - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Well, at least once October rolls around. For now he's in a four afternoons per week class. But there is an opening for 3 days starting October 1st and we jumped at it since that was our first choice initially and we'd been wait-listed. I worried a bit about the fact that he will be switching classes just after he's settling into his new September class but I don't think he'll have any problems adapting or adjusting. Especially since his two BEST friends from last year are in the new class he'll be switching to.

Today's class seemed to go well. When I picked him up, the first thing he told me was that at recess they were playing "shark" out on the playground climber with his two "big friends who were wearing orange". (Max is short for his age and there are quite a few kiddo's that tower over him.) I asked him who's idea it was to play Shark and he said "mine". Go figure! Then he showed me two newly skinned knees that he received from the shark game. When we got home he asked if we could pray to Jesus to make his knees better. It was a precious little moment!

The photo's above show an excited little boy standing on our front doorstep, ready to leave for pre-school. I snapped a quick picture of him sitting in front of his coat hook and letter link in the hallway. The last photo shows him with his "back-to-preschool-first-day-treat". There's a little grocery store in the village just a few steps from the school. Last year we would often dash in after I picked him up just to get a few things we needed. Somewhere along the line he discovered the packages of chocolate chip cookies that they bake fresh on-site and sell. Everytime we go in there, he makes a beeline for the shelf of cookies and BEGS for them. This summer we haven't had any since we weren't by the store that often. When I suggested that we pop into the store today for an after school treat to celebrate his first day he immediately shouted "COOKIES!!!" and made a beeline for the store!! He knew what he wanted!!

I did miss my little buddy today when he was at pre-school. So used to having him with me. He didn't miss me though....or so he said. Little stink!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Awesome pics Patti - looks like you had a great time!

jenn said...

Oh I know how you feel!!!! Really I do!!!! I'm having a real hard time with Ben going to all day kindergarten :(

HUGS to you !!!