
Do you remember way back in June when I posted a picture of my flower pots? I was hoping for the best. (Let's just say, I'm not known for my green thumb.) Some of them did very well. Other's did not. (And had to be replaced occasionally throughout the summer!) There was one in particular that did very well though. In fact, Mr. Sweet Potato Vine tried to take over the entire pot. The sweet geraniums wouldn't give up their area though so they all managed to co-exist all summer long. (See photo above) The plants are definately past their peak now, with the cooler weather we've been having. I guess I should have taken a photo of it a few weeks earlier.
Do you remember when I posted at the beginning of the summer about Max's Summertime Chore Chart? We're happy to announce that it was a HUGE SUCCESS!!! It took him all summer to get all his stickers. His reward was a trip to the toy store to pick out a toy of his choosing. What did he want? Mack. (from the Cars movie) Not a big surprise there! We have a new chart up on the fridge that will be for the Fall Season - up to Christmas. Someone is very excited about it. We are keeping some of the same chores and tasks as this summer but also introducing some new ones. Here's to some new successful habits and behaviours for our little man!
Our house is literally shaking as I'm typing this post. There is lots of construction going on in our neighbourhood. Down the street there are 2 houses that are being renovated from top to bottom. In fact I think they are adding a story on one of them. They literally have gutted them both and are working with the shell. That has been going on all summer long so it's nothing new. However, just one street below us, they are building a new house and so there's lots of construction noise to be entertained with. And at the beginning of this week, on the street above us, they began demolishing an old house to make way for a new one. I think that would explain why our house is shuddering and shaking from all the dozers and trucks and stuff. Never a dull moment in our neighbourhood!
And now I need to head out and pick up Mr. Max at pre-school. Maybe make a detour and pop in at Starbucks. It's dull, overcast and cool here...I think another coffee would do the trick to perk me up!
1 comment:
wohoooo way to go Max!!!!
Post a Comment