


Saturday was quite the exciting day around our house. Afterall, how often does a little boy named Max turn 4?! He was up bright and early at 7:00am and didn't miss a beat all day long. As you can see from the photo's, the day was all about Lightning McQueen and racing. Do you know what he was the most excited about when he woke up and saw the decorations? "Mom! You got Lightning McQueen plates and napkins! I love Lightning plates and napkins!!" What a guy.
Later on that morning, I took him to Sears to get his 4 year pictures taken. So far, I've been able to take him on his birthday every year to get his photo's done. I think I'll probably do it one more year - up to his 5th.
In the afternoon, there was a big hockey game on our driveway with Max, Uncle Chad and Keith. Three teams were represented Canucks (Max), Leafs (Keith) and Canadiens (Chad). (All we were missing was Jesse - he should have been here to represent his favourite team - the Red Wings!) Chad (aka Mr. Sweet tooth)had bought Skittles ahead of time with the idea that everytime someone scores they get to eat a Skittle. Let's just say that Max was flying higher than a kite by the time the evening rolled around.
Every year on his birthday, we've dragged out Keith's Leafs hockey jersey and put in on Max and taken a photo. (I got the idea from my friend Carrie - I think she does that with her boys too. Hope I've got that right Carrie?!) Looking back to Max's first birthday, he wasn't walking yet so he's sitting on the floor and the jersey just pools around him - adorable!
Later in the afternoon Keith took Max down to our neighbours for another birthday party. Their little girl turned 2 on the same day. So Max had fun going to another party that day.
Max was "most wanted" throughout the day whenever the phone rang. I snapped a picture of him while he was listening to all the Gerber's sing Happy Birthday to him across the miles. He loved it!
For dinner we invited a bunch of super nice friends over for dinner, which includes Max's "best friend". The weather was nice enough that people could eat outside on the deck. A Lighning Mcqueen cake was enjoyed by all (picked out by Max almost a year in advance of his birthday. LOL! Thank goodness for the bakery at the local grocery store. Save-on-Foods makes awesome birthday cakes. I could never even come close to decorating something like that. Trust me!)
By the time the celebrations and evening drew to a close, there was a very over-tired little boy. Birthdays are hard on little boys. Even if they are grown-up 4 year olds!
2 comments:
Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy birthday to youuuuuuu!!!!
Glad it was an AWESOME day for you guys Patti!!! Miss you lots, I'm so glad you blog...its such an awesome peak into your lives!!!!
xo
Oh - I especially love the 'penalty box' picture! Too Cute! Do ya think that will work for my kids too??
Post a Comment