Friday, March 18, 2011

March Break Tuesday & Wednesday

Tuesday included a visit to the Butterfly Conservatory... 









In addition to the butterflies, they had a special exhibit going on..."Bug Feast". You can imagine.
Three different types of chocolate covered bugs for sampling... Mealworm Brownies, Chocolate Dipped Crickets and Rinocerous Beetle Bark. I am not daring. Not a chance I would eat any of them. But Max...he's his daddy's boy and was up for the challenge. His fav was the Rinocerous Beetle Bark. Yummy.






Also included in the day was a McDonalds lunch date. (Which was a good reminder that my little boy is not so little anymore. Happy Meals are pretty much a thing of the past. He might look thrilled about the toy below. But in reality he discarded it 1.23456789 seconds after the photo. Baby stuff, you know.)

A playdate with the Siewert boys (while both mama's enjoyed their coffee and a chat!) rounded out the afternoon.
Tuesday evening, the three of us curled up on the couch and watched the second part of Gulliver's Travels. Lately, we've been enjoying watching a bunch of classics....Gullivers Travels and Anne of Green Gables. I still think the books are best though.

Wednesday we awoke to rain. We headed to the Princess Twin Cinema's with Aunt Vanessa to watch Yogi Bear. Totally cute movie! We surprised Aunt LeeAnne at work with a Starbucks coffee and then spent some time back at the Gerber house.

Wednesday evening was "boys night". Keith and Max grilled burgers for the first time this year and ate them up while I met up with my friend Janice for a coffee.

Whew! We've had a busy week so far. I feel like we've hardly been home. That's what I'll be doing next week when school is back in session. ;-)

No comments: