It was a weekend of almost total hibernation indoors. That was A-OK with me. I didn't mind not having to go out in the ch-chi-chilly temperatures. My main concern was keeping a certain little boy entertained. I raided the crafting cupboard and found the perfect thing. A wooden birdhouse kit he got for Christmas (last year already...oops!) and never got around to doing it. The wooden pieces were all pre-cut. His daddy became the handy "hold it all together" guy, while Max used the trusty little screwdriver to put it all together.




What else is there to do? Why paint it of course.
I'm in LOVE with his colour choices. :-)



And from there, we hauled out the magnetics. Another great thing to occupy some time. It was a day of activities and games and playing with toys that rarely see the light of day around here anymore.


During the afternoon, Keith ran some much needed errands for our household.
We finally caved and bought this...

It's not a secret. Keith and I LOVE a great cup of coffee. For the past year, we've had a big problem in our house. Our coffee maker. In a word....it's horrible. It's a Cuisinart brand. The annoying thing is, it cost way more than the Tim Horton's one we've just picked up. Very annoying. Sigh. But when you end up driving over to Tim Horton's, Meme's or Starbucks every day for a half-decent coffee fix, you know it's time to invest in a different one. So we're going to give this one a whirl. My parents have it. They always have really GOOD coffee. I've resisted the Tim Horton's machine for a long time. For a silly reason I'll be honest. I hate the way it looks. Get over it Patti, I know. But seriously, for an appliance that sits out on your counter and you see it all the time, you'd think TH could come up with a better, more modern design? They probably will, now that we've bought this one. ha! As for now, we're practicing and figuring out the best way to make a delectable cup of java in this house. And so far, anything we've made is much better than the other machine so yeaaaaaah for that. :-)
Gerry came and stayed with us for part of the weekend. Always fun to have him stop by. He recently relocated due to his job so I suspect we'll be seeing him a bit more. :-) We always joke that when he's here, we should quickly call insurance and up the contents of our house. He brings all the tech toys and bells and whistles with him. Lots of fun! This time we got to check out his new mac. (No....don't be fooled...that is not my mac unfortunately. I'm still dreaming.) I'm pretty sure the two of them were getting ready to listen to Rosetta Stone spanish lessons. Don't ask. Never a dull moment that is for sure!

Oh....you want to see my mac? Well ok then, check it out below.

Yeah. Definitely no macs here.
See that big old clunker of a computer on the right? Man it's huge! Well, Keith hauled it out of moving boxes on Saturday and got it running. We haven't used that computer for years. It was packed up in Vancouver and has sat in moving boxes in Kelowna and then just got moved right along here to Ontario without ever seeing the light of day. It's been bugging me. One of those things to do on the big "to do" list....that we never seem to get around to doing. Which is get all old photos off of it, wipe it down and send it off to recycling. Well Keith got it set up, I've taken all the photos off so now he just has to finish getting everything else off of it and it can go to recycling heaven. Yippy Skippy!

Doing the dishes. See, I was around this weekend too. And I've got the blurry photo to prove it.

Sunday morning. Little group shot before Gerry left.
Oh yeah. You spy'd the dog eh?
Curious about that?
Here's the thing.
My apologies to all my dog-loving friends out there. I'm just not a dog/animal person. Especially in the house.
So Gerry shows up on Saturday and says to me once he'd been in the house for a while...."hmmmmm I got a bit of a problem." And I"m thinking "yeah? what". He says "Draco. He's here. Sitting in the truck."
Are you kidding me?! I'm laughing and saying "Well.....no dogs in my house."
Oiye.
So we compromised. And Draco was allowed to stay in the garage.
But it was dang cold on Saturday night. And when I went to bed at 11:30 that night I started feeling so terribly guilty and mean. And I was having this total war going on in side of my head about it all.
So I told Keith to let Draco in and he could sleep on a blanket. But I didn't want to see him or be the one to let him in. That way I can just pretend it didn't happen. LOL!
That was a huge deal for me my friends. I suspect some of you know that and are killing yourselves laughing right about now...
Not many people would get away with that trick.
Gerry. Gerry. Gerry.
I'm wiser for next time.
Just sayin'.
So Sunday morning both Keith and I had to teach Sunday school. LeeAnne was an absolute peach and agreed to look after Max while we zipped over and taught our classes. Then we zipped back and picked him up so that she could go to church and we headed back home.

And Sunday afternoon....we just hung out some more. LeeAnne came over and we ended up watching some movies....Laws of Attraction and Leap Year. We had some good hysterical laughs over them.
And now we're in the middle of the beginning of the week. Max went back to school on Monday for a half day. Today he went and I had to go get him mid morning because he wasn't feeling well...his stomach wasn't feeling good. Seriously. Seriously. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Just takin' one day at a time.
Keith has a busy week of work functions so we won't have him around here very much. Although tonight he'll still be here and we're having another good friend from the west stay with us. Looking forward to that.
Ta Ta and enjoy the rest of your day!
No comments:
Post a Comment