Friday, January 21, 2011

New Years

New Years Eve was spent at Jon & Sheila's place. It was pretty lowkey. Lots of flu and sickies going around so it was a mellow celebration.

In honour of Kyle's birthday, a pinata was brought out for the little boys to take a crack at. This year, it was hung up in the basement...they're getting stronger and bigger...not something you want them to be batting around at in your main living area.


Sheila went over and beyond, preparing and serving delicious food...



I was not really on-the-ball with taking photos this year. I think this next photo is the only one I managed to get of all three brothers together...

More birthday celebrating...
Jon's birthday is January 1st so we enjoyed a delicious cheesecake in his honour. We celebrate A LOT of birthday's at Christmas time on Keith's side. We have 5 birthdays to celebrate over the holidays.

We did not stay until midnight to ring in the new year. We left well before. Someone was more than ready to be in bed. All of a sudden we noticed that Max had fallen asleep on the wooden stairs, waiting for us to leave. Looks so comfy, huh?!


New Years Day antics

New Years Day 2011
This is always a challenge...getting grandson pics with grandpa and grandma. It's more of a challenge then when it's just the boys without their grandparents. Why is that?!


And then it was time to pack up and head out after lunch. We always enjoy having great grandma drive along home with us. :-)

Little Mr. Evan had Max's name in the family gift exchange. He gave him this awesome little science kit. Right up Max (and Keith's!) alley. It didn't take them long to start conducting little experiments to see if they could get a lightbulb working by harnessing the juices from a lemon and potato. Great gift Evan...you have good taste! :-)


Sheila had my name in the gift exchange. I couldn't believe what she gave me...
There's a little story behind this candle. Remember in November when we all went down to Pennsylvania? Well that's where this candle comes from. There were all kinds of scents and flavours to chose from. I wanted to get one. But couldn't make up my mind. On the last day we were there, we made a special stop at Kings so I could pick one out. But once I started sniffing...I got all confused and couldn't make up my mind. So I ended up leaving and not buying one. Imagine my surprise at opening my gift to see this candle! This snickerdoodle scent had been one that I was debating between. And get this. Sheila didn't even know that I wanted one of these candles. She had no clue! She just decided to get it for me while she was there. How awesome is that? It was all totally meant to be!

I'm not one to "save" things. Oh no. I had to light it right away. It smells awesome when it's burning. And even when it's not lit, you get a lovely whiff of snickerdoodle cookies everytime you walk by it. Yum!

All right. I'm done. Completely finished with Christmas 2010.
Thanks for hanging in there with me!

No comments: