
I'm happy to report that Max is feeling much much much better. This was taken on Thursday afternoon when he first started feeling a bit more like himself. Feeling good enough to play with silly bands but sick enough that he still wanted to be wearing his pj's.

...Good enough to work on a lego creation and not just lay around on the couch doing absolutely nothing.

By Friday even better. Fever had disappeared. (Thankyou Lord) and he was left with an annoying little cough. When he woke up Friday morning, he put on regular clothes...a good indication he's feeling better.

So what are the chances that I would escape getting this flu bug that both Keith and Max suffered through? Pretty much nil.
And here's the deal.
Months and months ago, we had made plans with friends to spend this past weekend in Frankenmuth, Michegan. So while it was very nice that Keith and Max are on the mend and over their bouts of it... it hits me just in time to go away.
We headed out on Friday afternoon, but I just *knew* I was coming down with something. I had zero energy and the beginnings of what promised to be a raging headache. Friday night I felt pretty ok. However, I didn't sleep well and woke up with a very sore throat and a squeaky voice. Huh? My voice came back with a little practice talking and I was ok most of Saturday. But by Saturday evening, I had the chills and was fevered and my throat was killing me. I made a mug of neo-citron and went straight to bed. Sunday when I woke up I had absolutely NO VOICE. Zilch. Zero. Nada. And it didn't come back. So my boys experienced a glorious 24 hours of silence from me...except for the odd whisper, it was a pretty quiet drive home.
So about our weekend.... We stayed at Zehnders Hotel in Frankenmuth. They have an indoor waterpark that was perfect for keeping the kids entertained. Expecially nice at this time of year when we're smack dab in the middle of winter cold, snow and blahness.

Hotel rooms were very nice and had a little bar area complete with chairs and equipped with a microwave and fridge. Always nice to have when you're away from home.

I loved the decor colours. Check out that wallpaper behind the headboard...It reminded me of water and waves. Awesome!

Frankenmuth is a bavarian style tourist town with lots of shops. Our hotel was located next door to Bronners. Bronners is the worlds largest Christmas store. No kidding!!! The place just went on and on and on. Ginormous. They had beautiful decorations up all over the grounds. And I must say that even the town went all out on Christmas decor. I have never seen anything quite like it. Beautiful to drive through especially at night when everything is all lit up.

The Silent Night Chapel that you can visit year round...

Frankenmuth is just one town over from Birch Run. I'm sure that rings a bell with some of you. Lots of outlet shopping. :-) Saturday we hit the outlets and snagged some really good deals. I know. We really should support the Canadian economy and spend our money here at home. I know. But on the other hand it's hard to argue with being able to buy a pair of Gap jeans and dress pants for less than 1/4 of the price you pay here at home. I wish we would get some decent outlets here in Canada....wouldn't that be nice?!
Drove by this old red barn a few times. This isn't a good photo. But there's just something I love about a red painted wooden old barn set against a blue winter sky.

We stopped at the Cracker Barrel for lunch on the way home yesterday. Max is the pancake connoisseur. He declared that Canadian pancakes taste much better than American pancakes. I'm not sure why he had issues with these...they seemed pretty tasty. I think he was just feeling a bit out of sorts still from being sick.

Keith and I had no issues whatsoever with our meal. It was YUMMO! Even if I could only whisper when I ordered!

We can never pass up a game of checkers. Even if the temps are a bit frigid...

And here's proof that I was along this weekend. You know...I think this is the first time that I've been sick and under the weather and haven't look the part as well. You know...watery eyes....red nose....all that horrible stuff. Not this time. Just a sore throat, fever in the evenings and no voice. Odd.

As for today...Monday. I don't really have a big list of goals. I'm taking it easy. This is my big list of to-do's:
*ETA: I got everything done on my list. And now I'm off to bed. G'night. ;-)
Oh, and my voice? Today I have a teeny bit of one. It's very squeaky and small. I'd say I'm at 20%. So please don't call me on the phone...I won't be answering today anyway! We'll see what tomorrow brings :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment