
In our little corner of the world here, it's a blustery snowy January Friday. The kind of day where you just want to wear your pj bottoms all day and sip hot chocolate and perhaps curl up with a good book. All the while, glancing out at the swirling snow and being so glad that you can stay indoors all cozy and warm!

It's been quite the January for us. I've never experienced anything quite like it. I feel like I've been shut off from the world for like...forever. First Keith was sick. Then Max was very sick. Then it hit me...and bad. Bad enough to put me on antibiotics. This week I was starting to see the light at the end of the sick tunnel. And then on Wednesday afternoon I got a call from the school...telling me Max wasn't feeling well and they thought he might be running a slight temperature. So he has been home from school since then. We're dealing with a cough...he coughs all the time nonstop. We saw the doctor (he's getting to know us quite well since it's the third time in three weeks that we've been there) this morning to get him checked out yet again. Max's breathing is good and the doctor's not concerned about pneumonia. He just needs to take it easy and fight what he's fighting and get lots of rest. So it will be yet another quiet weekend here for the Jantzi's. We're learning what hibernation is all about! :-)

What do you do to keep entertained when illness interupts life? Particularly, what do you do to keep little boys from being bored? You can only watch so many movies and read so many books and play on the ds so much. I hauled up the GeoTrax from the basement storage yesterday. Max rarely plays with it anymore, but it proved to be just the thing to keep him occupied these past couple of days.

GeoTrax - I think it's made by Fisher Price. You build all sorts of elaborate tracks. The trains are run remotely. Max has three seperate remote control trains that he can run on the tracks all at the same time. He reminded me of a little "king of his castle" as he sat on the arm chair and was controlling the trains all around him.



Keith surprised me with a bouquet of fresh springy flowers the other night, just because. I must say, that does wonders to get out of a winter doldrums funk. :-) I'm pretty sure "just because" flowers are my favourite kind!
Whatever you're up to this weekend, hope it's fun and you stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment