Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring fling kinda thing

Hello :-)

This is such a busy time of year, isn't it?
Lists and lists of things that need to be done.
I'm prioritizing by deadlines right now.

This weekend heralded the start of yardwork. Fortunately, we managed to get a few things knocked off the yardwork list. Got the lawn aerated, mowed the lawn, bought and planted cedars, filled the planters by the front door with some cheery spring flowers, filled topsoil in the parts of the lawn where there was mole damage over the winter and planted grass seed on a few areas of the lawn that needed it.  The problem is, even though we can check those items off, I've noticed alot more things that should be done. Once you get started it's like opening a can of worms. No wonder those lists never go away.

Today we were at Wyatt's baby dedication at church. Afterwards both sides of the family went out for a delicious lunch at the Old English Parlor in Stratford. It was been years since I've been there. We were seated in a private room - the decor and ambience was just lovely and the food was very tasty. And the fact that we didn't have to cleanup or do dishes afterwards? Pretty much awesome in my books!

Busy week ahead...Keith will be travelling all over Canada and Max and I have more then enough to do to keep busy. Hope your week is sunny, springy and pretty awesome! :-)

I'll finish off with some pics snapped from Saturday's yardwork...
What do you think this little boy was up to? 
Searching and digging for worms. Ewwww.

My handy honey hard at work planting those cedars...



Halfway through, some bike fixing needed to be done.

This next picture didn't turn out too good,  but I had to include it. This was the "most terrible weekend in my whole life" according to Max. He's had a number of tumbles throughout the last couple of days. And for some reason, falls on the same knee over and over. Which has ended up in lots of blood, bandaides and tears.

We filled the hummingbird feeder that was left here by the previous owners. I have no clue if we'll attact any little hummingbirds but it's worth a try.

Watering the freshly seeded lawn. (No, this is not Keith's little garden plot, in case you were wondering!)

First "run through the sprinkler" of the season...

Little Man was in charge of the watering at the front of the house. He was possibly more soaked then the plants/lawn by the time he was done.


Oh! Almost forgot.
I've been meaning to share this cute, quick and easy little Mother's Day idea I came across. A vase to hold flowers. I loved it so much that I had to make one for myself and it took me all of 2 minutes.

* You grab a jar (out of your recycling bin like I did) and a decorative little bobby pin. I have oodles of little bobby pins flying around in my bathroom.
* Hot glue the bobby pin onto the jar. (you may have to bend it slightly so that it fits the shape of the jar)
* Fill the vase with water and some fresh flowers.
* Slip a favourite little photo or lovenote through the bobby pin. Et voila!


Wouldn't it look awesome to have a little collection of various shaped jars lined up on a window or sideboard? With a bunch of different little black & white photos clipped to each one. I think so!

And as for what to put into them? Max still keeps me well supplied with "daisy-lions" at this time of year so fortunately there is never a shortage of flowers.  Apple blossoms are just around the corner. And lilacs. (my fav!) I'm just working on collecting a bunch of different shaped jars now so I'm ready for them all when they start blooming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice cedars!!!

legs