It's the best.
I was served breakfast in bed by my two boys. Max signalled the arrival with a wild dash into our bedroom waving a sword...

and Keith followed with the tray of food...(probably a good thing)

Raisin Bran, a bagel with strawberry jam (the whole jar), milk and coffee. The entire time I was enjoying my tray in bed, Max was entertaining me with skipping. He is doing the jump rope for heart marathon at school today so he wanted to show me all the tricks he knew and put on quite a performance.

I was stuffed to the gills. That's way more than I normally eat for breakfast. And by the time it was all over and done with, I may or may not have been joined by the other two which would make three of us eating breakfast in bed. ;-)
School made gifts are the best. Max could hardly keep this one a secret. I knew that it was going to be in a CD case. And that it was some type of a picture. According to little hints and tips I was told the day before. And there it is....a beautiful spring scene sculpted out of pasticine....a tree with leaves, puffy white cloud, cardinal, butterfly, two flowers and a worm. Oh and two horizon lines. There's a ribbon attached to the top that I can use to hang it up. LOVE IT! :-)

After church, we were invited to LeeAnne's house for lunch. We arrived just in time to catch her snipping tulips in her flowerbed to use as a centerpiece...

Keith and my dad were in charge of cooking lunch. As you can see, they must have been hard at work all morning. ;-)

Lots of cooks in the kitchen...

KFC and salads were the options. With fresh raspberry rhubarb pie and icecream for dessert. Made by none other than Legs herself. My she outdid herself. Delish.

My brother Chad can sleep anywhere, anytime, anyplace...

LeeAnne's new couch is so versatile. Look at all that seating...

In honour of our upcoming wedding anniversary, LeeAnne went to see if she could still fit in her bridesmaid dress. From ten years ago. And she could. She danced a little jig to celebrate. Now if only I could fit into my dress. Let's not even go there.

Dad was terribly tired and had a nap. When he woke up later that afternoon, his hair was all fer-frunzzled. And we all got the giggles. He was not as amused as us for some reason. In fact, I even got the old "talk to the hand" when I wanted to snap a photo...

My mama on Mother's Day. I think she's the most beautiful, classiest lady around!

Saturday the weather was horrendous. Snow, rain, wind. freezing temps. I got to babysit Wyatt for a few hours in the afternoon. And what excitement. While he was there, LeeAnne stopped by. A few minutes into her visit a gusty whirlwind swept through the back yard. Snapped a big tree from the forest into our yard, blew the hot tub cover off into the yard and Max's little climber was floating around in the air trying to get airborn. And we saw it all before our eyes. Pretty crazy. As fast as it all happened it was over with.

That Wyatt is a sneaky little guy...he loves grabbing hair and shaking!


Sucess! I managed to get him to sleep. He's such a precious little peach!

1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day Patti! The two Men in your life really love you.
Wyatt is sooo adorable.
Post a Comment