
This past Wednesday, I got to accompany Max on a school field trip. To St. Andrews Church in Kitchener to attend the performance of a highschool band. They were seriously talented students. Max loved it. The rest of the afternoon it was all he could talk about. And then he wondered if Grandma and Aunt Vanessa could teach him some music lessons. He called grandma. When he got off the phone he said to me. "It's all taken care of for accordian lessons mom. I'm all signed up!" Needless to say, my mom and I got quite the chuckle out of this. It's not like accordian lessons are in "vogue" these days. He also managed to wrangle a verbal agreement from Aunt Vanessa for piano lessons.
Friday afternoon was the big day of accordian lessons. My mom is the greatest. She lugged her accordian out of the attic and indulged her little grandson with some snazzy tunes.






Mom and I fully expected him to have had more than enough of accordian lessons when they were finished. But as we were getting in the truck to drive home he said "ok grandma, I'll see you next week for my accordian lessons!" What a kid.
We were inspecting Heather's green plants in the greenhouse just before we left...everyone was acting a little silly before it was all over with...



And finally, meet Max's newest pet. A caterpillar. This morning he announced "I bet I'm the only person at church who has a pet caterpillar." I'll bet he is too.

No comments:
Post a Comment