Today Max participated in the Terry Fox Run at his school. He has been eagerly counting down the days for this event for the past two weeks. He diligently pestered his aunties for pledges. (thanks guys!) When we were driving across western Canada this summer, we stopped in Thunder Bay. One of the things on our want-to-do list was visit the Terry Fox Monument. This is a place that I hope everyone who reads my blog, has a chance to visit. Truly I do. They have just done a beautiful job with the memorial. The location is incredible - overlooking Lake Superior. I think most people who stop and read the inscription are moved and touched by Terry's story and his on-going legacy. What a fantastic role model!
I'm not sure if I mentioned this in an earlier blog post or not... When Keith was a kid, he saw the Marathon of Hope. He was with his parents (probably on a trip?) and they were driving in Northern Ontario. When they got to Wawa, he remembers seeing police cars and people lining the road to cheer Terry on his run. Pretty cool.
A couple of years back I read "Terry Fox, His Story" by Leslie Scrivener. It's an excellent read. If you're looking for something to curl up with on a cool autumn night then check it out.
I love this first photo. There's just something about it. When we first arrived there was no one around. Max ran ahead of us. Within minutes there were swarms of people everywhere and I remember thinking that I couldn't believe I lucked out in getting this shot.



1 comment:
I love that picture of Max with Terry Fox!
Post a Comment