Thursday, September 10, 2009

Grade One


Our little moonchka is in grade one this year. This is his first time going to school all day. Preschool and kindy was half days. So far so good. He seems to be loving it. All we hear about is the soccer games he plays with his friends at nutrition break and french class. He's so excited to be learning french.

After a long hiatus, I'm back. Not settled into our house at all. Ridiculous. Pretty tired of living out of boxes. I think we're on the home stretch now though. Carpet was finished being installed yesterday. Which means we're good to go with the unpacking. Except that there's a million things we need to get before we can unpack. Things like closet organizer shelves so that we can put things in closets...that type of thing. Never ending. Everything is sitting on piles. If you come by my house, you will be walking through a maze of piles on the main floor. I could almost charge admission and market this as an autumn house maze or something like that. All in good time. As my little bro would say, "we'll get there".

A million things have happened and I wouldn't even know where to start telling you all so I think I just might not. There may be random and sporadic posts down the road with photos. Or maybe not. Considering that my camera AND my lens died the day that we flew out of Vancouver to Ontario. Both of them kaput. No idea how or why. Not paying to find out either. The camera has been replaced. But only after a few weeks of being cameraless. Cell phone cameras DO NOT count. That was torture for me. Amazingly enough I seemed to survive it.

Keith flew out to the west coast today on business and won't be back until next week. Tomorrow I have big plans for myself. Shopping. Everything from buying closet door knobs, to looking for something to wear to Jesse & Emm's wedding to buying a washing machine. And that's not even the half of it. What are the chances I'm going to get everything on the list done? A lot of it depends on how well I'll remember streets and be able to navigate around the city. And a venti coffee. Adding Starbucks to the top of the list as I type this...

4 comments:

GraceY said...

Welcome back to blog land. Just in case you didn't know, there is a Starbucks at the Sunrise Centre. Just a hop skip away.....

Miriam said...

I am glad you are back!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow...your house sounds like my house! Wish I could snap my fingers or wiggle my nose and everything would be put away!! :-) I just try and do a little bit everyday.....eventually it will be done. Glad to have you back.

Steph :-)

Anonymous said...

Patti - thinking of you in your newest ratrace! =)

Let me know when it works to get together!

Missing you,
Janice