It's been quite a few years since we've been to a small town fair. I think the last one we were at was the Hymers Fair in Thunder Bay when Max was about 1 year old. This past Saturday we hit the New Hamburg Fair. We have never been to this one. Our town fair of choice when we were kids was the Wellesley Fair. Gotta say, that the New Hamburg one is a little bit bigger. Not by much mind you, but still...
My sisters Heather and Vanessa are in (dairy) 4-H so we spent most of our time there watching them compete with their "bossies". I chuckle to myself to think that I did that for a couple of years when I was their age. Hmmmm. Don't think I retained very much information. And alas, it didn't make a farmer out of me. (Sorry dad!)
Max enjoyed some rides in the midway area, Keith and him played a few games, we watched the 4-H show, ran into lots of people we knew and we ate yummy artery-clogging fair food - hotdogs, french fries, cotton candy. I forgot to snag a candy apple for myself...which is ok considering those things are $4.00 a pop now. The most interesting food we saw was deep-fried chocolate bars. Seriously? Seriously. As if it's not bad enough scarfing a chocolate bar....does it really need to be deep fried?! It did not tempt us one little bit. Thankfully.















No comments:
Post a Comment