
Not too much to report...just trying to find our groove around here I guess.
On Saturday Keith worked on organizing the garage a bit. Which is hard to do when it's still filled with a million moving boxes and left over furniture that has to go. In the afternoon a little impromptu street hockey game took place with our neighbour boys. We're so fortunate to have really nice neighbours living beside us. They have two little boys right around Max's age and they all play together really well.
Sunday we tried a new church. I can't remember the name of it, but I believe it's Mennonite Brethren based. It wasn't a typical Sunday service for them as they had the local Teen Challenge Organization there to lead the service. It was a nice service, but obviously didn't really give us a feel of what a typical Sunday morning would be like there.
I'm in the process of trying to figure out paint colours for the house still. I'm a few steps closer to deciding. Yesterday I picked up some paint pots at the local Benny Moore and when I got home I painted up some posters in the colours I'm considering. Genius! Because who can figure out based on a teeny tiny paint chip if the colour will work? Out of the 4 colours, 3 of them are a hit and 1 of them was a definite no. So that is well worth the hassle of it all and the cost - $5 for the paint pot sample vs. $50 for the gallon and then figuring out you hate it. Still trying to find a nice soft grey blue for our bedroom. I know that it will have to be pretty much grey on the paint chip for it to be what I'm envisioning. If anyone knows of a good Benjamin Moore soft-grey blue I would love to hear from you.
Last night on the way home from work, Keith was in an accident. A lady was making a left handed turn into 2 lanes of traffic and drove right into him. Fortunately no one was hurt. Her vehicle was pretty damaged. Keith's truck has damage too but it wasn't as bad. At least it's still drivable. He submitted his accident report to ICBC so now he has to go in there and get it looked at and then once that's done it will have to be taken into the local Chevy dealer to get fixed. Probably next week at the earliest.
Thanksgiving weekend is fast approaching and at this household we are VERY VERY VERY EXCITED!!! I confess. I'm like a little kid and have been counting down how many more sleeps until Friday. Why? Because we are going back to Vancouver baby!! :-) Keith is flying over tomorrow for meetings. Max and I are leaving on Friday after kindergarten and driving over. Max's kindergarten class is going to the pumpkin patch on Friday so that's why we can't leave earlier with Keith. Max has been talking about this for weeks - ever since he found out. And he's the most excited about the bus ride we are taking to get there! So being the softie that I am, I decided to drive over once the pumpkin patch excursion has been done. We are staying at the condo and I'm just so looking forward to seeing our friends and being back in familiar territory! Can. Hardly. Wait.
So just in case I don't update the blog before the weekend, I better say it now...Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends out there in blogland! :-) Some of you, I'll be seeing very very soon! :-)
4 comments:
Have a great weekend Patti - enjoy every moment!
Glad to hear Keith is OK. Enjoy you're weekend! Happy Thanksgiving!
Have a GREAT Thanksgiving weekend in beloved North Van!! Safe driving through those mounty roads!! I Love you guys :))
xoxo
Legs
Oh patti I hope you are having a WONDERFUL weekend!!! Glad to hear Keith is okay too! Thats scary :(
sending you love!
xo
Post a Comment