








Keith, Max and I spent Thanksgiving in Vancouver. Oh happy day! :-)
The plan was, we were all going to drive over on Friday afternoon after the Pumpkin Patch visit. However, that changed when Keith found out he had to be in Vancouver for meetings a few days earlier. So he flew over. Max and I drove over on Friday afternoon/evening and met him there. I was a teensy bit worried about the drive since I had heard that snow had fallen on the Coquihalla earlier that week. A few years ago, I drove through that mountain pass by myself in a little rental car (in January no less!) and DO NOT HAVE FOND MEMORIES of that experience. I was very relieved when I woke up and saw it was warm and sunny on Friday morning...I knew I had nothing to worry about. Needless to say...there was still some snow sitting there at the top as I drove through. And I managed to snap a pic for your viewing pleasure. Our drive was pretty uneventful. Max slept most of the way and I just cruised along. We made a stop in Abbotsford to pick up photo's. In August we had family pictures taken with a local photographer (who is AWESOME!) and they just so happened to be ready a few days earlier. So we picked those up and then decided to grab a quick bite to eat. We met up with Keith close to the job site and then headed for the condo. This was a new experience for us - staying downtown at the company condo. It was pretty cool! We were on the 20th floor so the views were pretty fantastic. Can't say that I would want to actually live downtown with my little boy at this stage of my life (but maybe in my past life when I was young and single and busy working?) but to stay there for a weekend was quite fun! Beautiful views day and night. We woke up the Saturday morning and found Max quietly sitting at the little bar busily colouring up a storm in his Santa Claus PJ's. Those things are so small on him but he just loves them.
First thing on the agenda that morning? Some Pottery Barn Retail Therapy for Mrs. Jantzi. Oh my... now if that's not the perfect way to start off the day, then I don't know what is! My boys left me browsing and shopping and went to Starbucks to get us coffees and treats. By the time we got back to our vehicle to continue with our day, we had 1 second left on the parking meter. Keith was pretty impressed with that! :-) From there, we drove to North Van. Max had been asking the night before already if we could drive by our old house and his old school, so that's where we headed. Every time we've gone back, we asks to drive by. I was so excited to see my neighbour Kelly. She was just getting out of her vehicle. The look on her face was absolutely priceless when she figured out who it was. It was actually pretty emotional for us to see each other. It was sooooo GOOD to see her, and I'll leave it at that.
After our little neighbourhood visit, we decided to visit a pumpkin patch. We love our pumpkin patches! :-) We headed out to the Maple Ridge area to Laity Pumpkin Patch and had a most excellent time. I will blog about that tomorrow and add photo's.
Good Night all.
1 comment:
Great photos Patti! Love the ones in the condo with Max!
Nancy
Post a Comment