










This past weekend we had some friends from Ontario visit us - Tom & Sara and their three kiddo's - Amanda, Lori and Ryan. Our house was pretty busy! There's an undeveloped area at the end of our street so Saturday morning everyone went over there to do a bit of exploring and fishing in the little pond. The afternoon was filled with crafts and stories and running around the yard. At one point I found them all in a window well, mooing away. They were being cows in a pen they told me. I have a feeling it was something Max's little friends came up with...somehow I don't think he thought of that idea!
A funny thing happened on Sunday morning when they were packing up to leave. We were all outside by their vehicle. All of a sudden a little wisp of white came tearing out from under their van. And it was this most adorable little puppy dog. Oh!! He was CUTE! But where did he come from and who did he belong to? He didn't have a collar on. No one was outside calling for a puppy. We said goodbye and waved to Tom & Sara and family as they drove away. We stayed outside for quite a long time with this little puffball but no one seemed to be missing him. Finally, we went into the house with him (I think at this point Max had visions that his dream was coming true of finally having his very own puppy!) and left the front door open. A while later I heard some yelling outside. I went out and the neighbour across the street was calling for "Lenny". I asked him if he lost a dog and sure enough...we now know where Lenny belongs. He's only 9 weeks old and can squeeze through their chain link fence in the back yard. I've heard since that other neighbours have found him wandering around their front yards too. I dunno...I think if I spent a grand on such a cute little ball of fluff I'd be keeping a better eye on him. Wouldn't you? Cars whiz by pretty fast around here and he's just itty bitty. But now, isn't the most shocking thing of all the fact that I think that little puppy is cute?! Ok, Ok, so I'm not ready to have a dog in the house but if I absolutely had to... one like him wouldn't be so bad. Incidentally, he quite liked me...just ask Keith and Max. He was my little shadow when he was at our place for that whole hour!
3 comments:
He is cute!! Nothing like a dog in the house....we have two!! They're always happy to see you and they never talk back!
Steph :-)
OH MY! It was a shock to hear you say you thought a dog was cute. I remember you shrieking alot around just about any dog....lol!
lol he is cute, but I hear you ;)
Post a Comment