Saturday, October 25, 2008

This is how we entertain ourselves these days...










First of all, my apologies for the B-A-D quality photo's. The lighting in our house (day and night) is less than stellar. Need to do something about that. End result = bad photo's.

Secondly, please excuse the state of our house. The window coverings are horrible. There's nothing on the walls. Stuff isn't organized. I know. I know. But here's my excuse. The house is getting painted at the end of November. There's really no point in doing anything until that's done. Then I will focus on making it look a bit better around here.

We've had quite the creative streak hit our our house in the past few days.

Yesterday I heard some clinking noises in Max's bedroom. Upon further investigation I discovered that the little man had dumped his piggy bank on the floor and was building a racetrack with the money. Ok, so when I was a kid, it was a HUGE no-no to play with money. HUGE! I mean, we couldn't even throw a penny in a wishing well because that was being wasteful. So I wasn't overly happy to see what he was up to. Yes, he's creative, but we did have a little discussion afterwards about taking care of our money and it not being a toy.

I think I've mentioned before that Max is very fascinated with knights and castles right now. Last night Keith and Max got to work making a castle with a real drawbridge. (One of the perks of having a garage full of empty moving boxes I guess.) Max has been busy drawing details on the castle walls, inside and out, all day today. There are knights and kings (no princesses or queens though) and windows and light bulbs and wires running from outside the castle to inside the castle so the lights work, and telephones and fire breathing dragons and whatever else his little imagination comes up with. He even has a name for it which he wrote on the side "Lightning Knights Company".

Tonight we worked on a quick, easy and TOTALLY fun little craft after dinner. All you need are some little gourds and wiggly eyes and you can go to town. Fun fun fun!

And as for the very first photo - that is Max helping me with the laundry. I have to say that he has always LOVED to do laundry. When he thinks there is even a hint that I'm going to be folding wash, he is right in there like a dirty shirt. (Pun intended!) In this house, our laundry room is on the top floor just outside the master bedroom so it's pretty convenient to fold everything on top of our bed. And Max loves it because he's busy jumping like crazy off the edge and attempting tricks. Another favourite game he likes to play is "Little Bear". I'm "Mother Bear" (sometimes I'm Father Bear and on the rare occasion I'm Cat or Duck or Emily) and Max is always "Little Bear". He has this little fishing pole that he uses, he sits in a wash basket and he's busy catching fish (clothes) for our supper. If you are familiar with the "Little Bear" TV show or books - that is what we are busy role-playing. We have it down to a science! :-) Laundry just happens to be my most dreaded chore. Next to vacuuming. However, it's a good thing I have such a eager little helper - because it gets done in record time and on time!

1 comment:

jenn said...

lol don't worry about your photos, they're fantastic!!!

Love seeing the castle, too cool :)

xoxo