Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Whirlwind Tour




Janice & Juanita just completed a whirlwind tour of the westcoast and are safe & sound back in their respective homes. How much do you think they could have seen/done/accomplished while they were here? Apparently a lot! To quote Max "Those two girls are very silly!" so you can just about imagine how many laughs and the good times we had while they were visiting!

This is what we were busy doing and why my blog was so silent:

Friday morning (for them) was spent rather liesurely since they had arrived late the previous night. I rushed Max to soccer in the morning only to find out the coach was sick and so it was cancelled. We went back to the house and picked up Janice and Juanita and headed out for some shopping and sightseeing. Which turned into strictly a shopping day. We visited a few fabric stores (looking for fabric for their mama's), a scrapbooking store, House of James which is a Christian Bookstore (we had a late lunch there in the little cafe that is part of the bookstore), shopping at a bunch of clothing stores, late afternoon break with Starbucks peppermint hot chocolates and then a L-O-N-G ride back to our house as we got caught in the afternoon rush hour and on a Friday to boot...that's never a good thing. At night we watched My big fat Greek wedding and took it easy. For a bit anyway....

Around 11:30pm we all pretty much decided to go to bed. We were planning a girls shopping day in Washington the next day (Saturday). Keith and Max were planning to spend a "boys day" together around home. Before I went to bed, I decided to mapquest the most straight forward directions to the border so that there wouldn't be a chance of us getting lost. And then Janice pipes up with "we should just leave now and then we wouldn't have any border waits tomorrow morning!" And we all laughed and then looked at each other and next thing you know, we were flying around getting our stuff packed. I managed to wake up Keith to tell him our change in plans and by 12:00am we were heading down the road. We thought we were being pretty smart! Unfortunately, there was an accident on one of the bridges that we needed to cross and so we were at a dead stop for over an hour. By the time we finally reached the border it was 2:00am and the border guard was not very friendly. I don't think he could understand why we would be crossing at that time of the morning. Or else he was extremely bored. I can't remember what time it was before we finally got to where we wanted to be and checked into a hotel but I do know it took a while for us to fall asleep and I think it probably was about 3:30am before that happened. Can you say "giddy"?!

Saturday the three of us spent shopping and we had a blast! Gotta love Target...especially when you don't have access to one on a daily basis. They had some excellent deals on (Pixar) Cars toys so I did some early Christmas shopping for Max. I also managed to snag a purse, some shoes, a top, and some B&BW stuff so it was a good day. We all had really good luck. Interestingly enough, when I was checking out at one of the stores, I overheard another customer tell a cashier that she had waited over 2 hours to cross at the border that morning. So even with the bridge delay, it was still worth it that we had left the night before on a whim! We had a 10 minute border wait on our return to Canada and didn't have to pay any duty so all was good! We were home with my boys by about 7:00pm. They had a busy day....first thing in the morning they had gone to the job site - Keith had a few things to do and Max always loves going along with him. From there they did some errands and then went to McDonald's for lunch. In the afternoon they went to a Pumpkin Patch Festival at a nearby public school where there was a jumping castle and all kinds of games and prizes (the pumpkins were all gone unfortunately which is the reason why they were going in the first place). From there they went to Gerry's to watch the race (Nascar) and made it home in time for supper where I think Keith whipped up Kraft Dinner. According to both of them, they had a great "boys day". It was apparent that I wasn't missed too much (if at all!)

Sunday we all went to church in the morning. It was raining most of the day unfortunately. Later in the afternoon we put on our raincoats and went over to a Suspension Bridge and did a little hike. Keith had tickets and went to a Canucks game in the evening. Sooooooo, us girlies and Max ordered pizza, picked up a bunch of movies and watched them while we worked on making Christmas cards.

Monday morning Max and I dropped Janice & Juanita off at a local mall where they had fun shopping - it was raining outside. We picked them up early in the afternoon and thankfully the rain had stopped and the skies were clearing up. From there we went to Stanley Park, Park & Tilford Gardens, Cates Park to find baby crabs, Mount Seymour and then back home for dinner. I dropped them off at the airport last night shortly after 9:00 - they were taking the red-eye flight back to Toronto so I'm sure there are two very sleepy ladies somewhere in Ontario!!

We had lots of fun and good times while they were here. They taught Max a new phrase that he likes to use when he is wearing his rain jacket with the hood up. He walks around saying "It's all goooooood in the hoooood!"

And speaking of Max....time to go and pick him up a pre-school.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

jenn said...

ohhh sounds like a lot of fun!!!!!!