Friday, October 19, 2007

Our Friday





Someone (big hint - begins with an "M") woke up earlier than usual this morning. He said he was cold. So I bundled him up in my super-cuddly-warm-bathrobe and gave him a stack of books to read while I showered and got ready for the day. He loved it!

It's raining here again - cats and dogs. Just what you'd expect this time of year out here on the raincoast...I mean westcoast. I tried to take a picture of the rain from my front door but that's really hard. Do you know how to take a picture of rain? The photo above just ended up looking really dull and dreary. Meanwhile - it was raining pretty hard at the time. Guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

So Friday mornings mean soccer but since I'm still not 100% better from my cold, I made an executive decision to skip it. Soccer is outdoors and goes rain or shine. I didn't feel like standing out in the rain for it. Just couldn't do it. So we didn't. Which turned out to be an great decision. Because our best friends had a change of plans this morning. So we were able to get together for a spur of the moment play date here and it was lots of fun! They brought rice krispie snacks along with them....mmmmmm!

A few days ago, we had Miss E over for a playdate along with her mama and little sister. Max and her worked on a pumpkin craft part of the time. A few weeks earlier, I found cute little paper mache pumpkins at Michael's. They painted them orange. Once the paint dried, they painted a coat of gold glitter over everything. They turned out very cute and sparkly....Max's is gracing our fireplace mantle upstairs.

Our postman delivered a fun package today for the Maxter and was he ever excited when he opened it up. Thankyou Carrie, Isaiah and Gabriel! Max was super excited with his Hotwheels colouring book, Lightning McQueen cards and treats. (His mama loves the photo's that were sent along too!)

The rest of today consisted of finishing up my weekly cleaning, and making a big pot of minestrone soup. YUMMY! (There's sommething about eating soup in the fall and winter, isn't there? Love it!) That leaves us waiting for Keith to come home from work and then the weekend can officially begin. Now that you've finished reading about my Friday, you'll have to tell me about yours! :-)

Happy Weekend...here's hoping the weather is better where you are!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Speaking of packages/gifts, Asa is still talking about the stickers that Max sent him. Thank the little Maxter for us again!

jenn said...

ohhhh i love that pic of max!!!