Well actually, it's not really a question anymore.
I'm pretty much taking a break from scrapbooking. I have been since about April. And believe it or not, I'm not missing it. It was getting too hard. Life is busy. I was finding scrapbooking "hard" to fit into our lifestyle. I'm all about taking photo's. That's a given. And ever since I've been a toddler, I've loved to snip and schnibble papers and glue and colour so it's logical that I would enjoy scrapbooking. But the hard part is finding the time. During the day, I'm busy with Max - games, crafts, playdates, walks, biking, errands, playing outside, playing inside. Not to mention household chores. And we often have guests stay with us for extended periods of time. It doesn't work to get Max busily occupied so that I can sit down and scrapbook. That's what you call the perfect recipe for making him grumpy/irritable/mischevious. I could scrapbook at night once he's in bed right? Well I could. But then I would never spend time with my super awesome hubby. How about scrapbooking on the weekends? Nope. That's when this little family is out and about doing things and exploring (taking more photo's!!). It would kinda defeat the purpose if I would stay home to scrapbook and wouldn't be along with my boys to create the memories! LOL! Anyway. Back in April I decided to take a break and haven't looked back. I do have quite a bunch of supplies sitting here staring me in the face. I'm planning to use them for card-making. I haven't given that up. At least I don't think I have. Mind you, I haven't really been making any cards either since my little scrapbooking sabbatical commenced. Although last week I needed some girl baby cards. I had completely run out. So I whipped up 12 of them at once. (see above photo) Talk about assembly line work. I think there must be a baby girl boom because I've already used up 6 of them!
So there you have it. Not really scrapbooking anymore. Still dabbling in cardmaking. Who knows what's next?!
2 comments:
Just to let you know Patti - I am missing your scrapbooking but it sounds like you have made a good choice for you. There will be lots of time to scrapbook! Glad to hear that you are having fun with your family! Great wedding photos on your sight.
I miss your scrapbooking too :( but I totally understand where your coming from. Never say never. ;) Love your cards too :) Can't wait to see what you guys are up too this summer by following your blog here :)
love ya! Still come out to the turtle and play once in awhile (online)
xo
j
Post a Comment