Monday, June 4, 2007

A Good Find


Every spring and summer when I'm working on my planters and flowerbeds, I'm drawn to those beautiful cast-iron-pedestal-type-urns. But they're pretty pricey (although the prices seem to be coming down more recently) and HEAVY. And in the back of my mind when I remember that we'll be moving again soon I just tell myself I can hold off until we've moved and that's one less HEAVY item that will have to be hauled along with us.

Recently, I made a fabulous discovery...Michaels has them in fiberglass. They look like the real deal but they are a great deal lighter!! The $69.99 pricetag made me stop in my tracks however and I only admired them from afar. Enter the weekly Michael's flyer that arrived on my doorstep last Friday. This week only those fiberglass urns are 50% off! Yes people - 50% off!! You don't even need a coupon (which would only give you 40% off). I picked up my favourite one (see above photo) this morning and it is currently standing watch beside my front door. Now if I can just keep the flower plant living.....that's the challenge!

No comments: