"In spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours." ~ Mark Twain
Those warm sunny days have been few and far between. We've been most fortunate in making the most of them when they have made their brief and rare appearance. At the beginning of April, we found ourselves at the Linwood property one sunny Saturday. Keith was wiring. I was helping. (Me? An electrician's apprentice? Ha! You better believe it!) Max was left to his own devices. Which means all he could think about was playing on his DS. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to grab an old kite that I found shoved in a moving box and bring it along with us.





Unfortunately, these moments of bliss lasted did not last long. The winds were steep. The kite was cheap. The string tore from the plasticyness of the kite and that was the end of that.

The Maxter's attention was then directed to a big pile of trees and branches that had been cut down and were waiting their future plight.






"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." ~Margaret Atwood

While Keith finished up what wiring the laundry room, I took Max over to the farm for some jumping fun...

(Grandma had some freshly baked whoopie pies for him to eat. But what did he chose instead? A pear!)



"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" ~Mark Twain


"Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day." ~W. Earl Hall
1 comment:
I am soo ready for Spring too! I love winter but am ready for the warmer weather, green grass, beautiful spring flowers! Most of all being able to take more photos outdoors!
Post a Comment