Tuesday, April 5, 2011

600th Post Giveaway!

Alas, there are no signs of spring around here. Plenty of signs of winter though...as I watch the snow flying outside my window...YUCK!

I've dug into my archives to find some nice springy themed photos. These were taken at the end of May 2010. I don't think I've shared them before. A little reminder of what we have to look forward to soon....lots of greenery, peeping baby chicks, shorts and barefeet, yellow weeds flowers. It will come. Patience is definitely required this year.

And yes, let's get to  the giveaway.

Up for grabs, two of my favourite things...a Starbucks GC and chocolate. 
All you have to do is leave a comment below telling me what springy thing you're looking forward to!

Giveaway closes on Friday April 8 at 6:00pm. Winner will be chosen by random draw. Don't forget to include your first name with your comment in case you are the winner.

GOOD LUCK!! 



















7 comments:

Anita said...

Hey Patti
Spring is springing here a little bit, so we have daffodils and crocuses, buds on the trees and the rhododendrons are about to burst open. I love the smell of spring, and the searching for sandals that have been packed away for months. But the thing I love the most is opening the windows and hearing the birds chirping, the boys happy screams and laughs as they climb the tree and set up a soccer game in the backyard, and of course I LOVE the subsequent mountains of laundry with grass-stained knees and muddy shoes that go along with it! :)
Love and hugs,
Anita

LeeAnne said...

Those chicki pictures are SOOOOOOOOO adorable!!!

One of many...... I'm looking soooo forward to walking barefoot on fresh spring grass!

LeeAnne

Deb said...

Hey Patti!
Love checking out your blog- it reminds me of my growing up years on the farm and at Mapleview!
Spring is my favorite time of year- the sun, the rain, greeness, the dandelions, my lawnmower, my garden, robins and kildeer, baby kittens, my bare feet, no more coats and boots..... I could go on and on. But I think what I like most is how it gives me hope, after a long dark cold winter.

Deb (Roes) Guthrie

Julie said...

Wow! 600 posts...that's great! Love keeping up with you here. :o)
I'm really looking forward to wear sandals again. Not only do my tennis shoes have holes at the toe but, my little tootsies like to be bare. Ahhh, and a warm breeze blowing through my house. I think mostly I'm looking forward to our move being complete before spring comes. Just moving next door (into Gramma Ruth's house) but hoping it will be our LAST move!

Michelle said...

Congrats on 600 posts, I love reading each and everyone of them! Love the chick pics by the way! Spring is still a distant dream here in Alberta, although the snow is beginning to melt! I look forward to Spring walks on the pathways with my girlies and of course a Starbucks latte :) Have a good night, miss ya!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Spring, a wonderful time to open the windows, have the laundry drying on the clothes line, and pack away snow pants.

Pauser said...

just love those little chick photos!