Christmas music....
I love pulling out our Christmas CD collection of music each year. Here are a few of my favourites...

Hands down - Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong is my absolute favourite. If I could only have one Christmas CD...this would be the one.

Remembering Christmas by Danny Wright. Beautiful piano music. I first had this in "tape" format back when I was in highschool. My friend Wendy and I both had it and loved it. Of coure, tapes went the way of the dinosaur pretty much and I lost track of it. A few years ago, she surprised me with the CD version. Sweet!! I instantly feel all warm and Christmasy when I listen to it.

Joyful Sounds by Rita MacNeil. I don't know why I love this one so much, but I do. She has such a powerful voice. I never get tired of listening to her.

Old Navy's Jazzy Jolly Holiday. Yep. Old Navy. I picked this up at Old Navy in Thunder Bay just before we were moving from there and heading back to Wellesley. It's very upbeat. Very jazzy. And I'm pretty sure we listened to it the ENTIRE drive home back to Wellesley. (all 16 or 18 hours...whatever it was) And we still weren't sick of it at the time. As for now...well, I like listening to it once or twice a season and that's enough for me. Keith and Max I think would listen to it more often then that. Funny though.....that music comes on and it instantly takes me back to that small moment in time when Max was 1 year old (and HATED driving. that's an understatement. I can't even begin to explain to you how much he disliked it.) and there we were in our one horse open trailblazer pulling a u-haul of our stuff on snowy blustery wintery roads from Thunder Bay to Wellesley...almost running out of gas in the middle of nowhere (and i mean nowhere!).... Oh man!! At least we had great tunes! :-)

A Diamond Rio Christmas. I like country music. These guys do great harmony. One of my favourite songs is "The Star still shines". It's beautiful!

Point of Grace - Winter Wonderland. More great harmonization. This time it's all ladies. Pretty lively and upbeat. Great for those cleaning days around the house!
What are your favourite Christmas CD's? Any suggestions or recommendations? I've been wanting to get the latest WOW Christmas CD so that one's already on my list. But I always like finding out what everyone else enjoyes listening to. Let me know your favourites! :-)
2 comments:
Hi Patti, Thanks for the Christmas music suggestions, I need to update mine and love Country music. I am going to go out and buying some of these! Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas!
Anita & Gary N.
My absolute favourite is Diana Krall's Christmas Songs, and I just picked up Chris Tomlin's Glory in the Highest, and it is amazing. His rendition of Oh Holy Night is...well..tear-worthy. (might have something to do with the fact that its my fav Christmas carol.)
Post a Comment