The three of us started out the day bright and early with breakfast at The Stone Crock in St. Jacobs. YUM!

Then we wisked the Birthday girl off to the Spa. The whole time, LeeAnne and I were wishing we had booked ourselves in too. I mean, who doesn't want to be treated to a pedicure?! Alas... neither of us was the birthday girl so we were out of luck. We went out for a coffee instead while Heather was being pampered.


Can't celebrate a birthday without cake. By the time we picked her up, it was early afternoon. We went back to my place for cake and icecream. Keith and Max were more than willing to help celebrate with us too. :-)




The weather was absolutely horrendous. Snow. Wind. Freezing Temps. All day long. We considered hitting the mall for some shopping. But by this time we were relaxing and not really in the mood to go out in that weather again. So we nixed the shopping. I badly wanted to get some pictures of Heather on her actual birthday. But that horrible weather. What to do...What to do... I gave Heather the option of getting her pictures taken right then and there OR well...that was the only option. And basicially, I can be very persuasive! :-) We dashed into the woods behind our house and snapped a whole bunch of photos in about 3.4859281734658970838475 minutes and then raced back into the house. It was SO COLD. and WINDY. and it was actually SNOWING. UGH! Heather was a trooper. I don't think you can appreciate how cold and freezing and horrible it was out there...she sure doesn't let on in the photos.







And that is how we celebrated Heather's birthday. It was fun. It's much more fun to celebrate when you're not the one turning a year older! :-)
Today my entire family got together at my parents place for a nice celebratory birthday lunch in Heather's honour. Except that the three of us didn't go. Max was sick throughout the night...headache....cough...no voice....touch of fever etc. And I woke up this morning feeling some of those same symptoms. So we're all laying low at home today hoping to fight whatever it is and get better fast and soon.
2 comments:
Looking at those pictures of Heather - I had the most major flash-back of you when we were in high school!
Patti, you look great!
Heather is so beautiful.
Happy 19th Birthday Heather!
Post a Comment