I think spring is my favourite time of year. Those brilliant blue skies. Gentle breezy winds. Buds on the trees. Flowers. Warm rain showers. I could handle spring year round. :-)

Do you hang your wash on an outdoor line to dry? I haven't done that for years. Not sure if we'll set up a line at this house or not. I do love the smell of freshly laundered sheets that have been dryed by the warm sun and gentle breezes.

The promise of one of my most favourite spring flowers. Lilacs.

Tractors roaring in and out of lanes signals the start of spring planting. That's one of those springtime sounds I associate with "home" and growing up on the farm.
I was playing around at my mom's one afternoon and snapped these of my mom and sister. There's not one thing technically correct about them, and I'm sure most normal people would delete them pronto from their memory card. But there's something about them that I like. So I kept them. :-)


These last photos of Vanessa and Max were taken a couple of weeks ago down by the river on my parents farm. So I NEVER go down to this river. Except possibly at this time of year. Because there are snakes and all kinds of creepy crawly creatures that inhabit this area and I can't stand them. Serious freakout attacks on my part. I avoid at all costs. Except for the day I took these. So early in the spring I figured no creepys would be out yet. What you don't know and don't see can't hurt you. That's my thought process anyway.



As kids, my brother and I loved going down under the bridge to play and explore. We were pretty much not allowed to go down there. It was general knowledge that it was out of bounds. Thinking back, I can't believe that we didn't try sneaking down there more often. My irrational fear of snakes was obviously a good deterrent.



And just for the record. If you're gonna pose like that and I get a photo then its definately blog worthy. K, LeeAnne?!

1 comment:
Something about bridges and kids. We were the same way. Now I go to the bridges with my nieces and nephews.
Post a Comment