Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sick

Our house did not get away scot-free from the sickies. Max got the worst of it. He's still home from school today but I think he should be feeling good enough to go back tomorrow again. Headache. Runny nose. Sneezing. Cough. Fever. You name it, he had it. So we've just been hanging out at home and taking it nice and easy.


Even though he's sick...he still had enough energy to "help" me clean. Polishing windows was one of his favourite jobs when we lived in Vancouver. (We had lots of windows and mirrors in that house to polish. His help was always welcome!) I think he went through an entire roll of paper towels polishing that window yesterday!

He worked on the inside windows while I polished them outside...

In between his sneezing and coughing bouts, he worked on writing letters and drawing pictures to mail to his friends in BC. I sincerely hope that the sick germs are dead by the time the letters make it out there...because he included more then his fair share.

The biggest challenge of all (as it has always been since he's been a newborn)...getting him to have a nap. I knew he needed one badly yesterday. But what a struggle. I told him we were both going to lay down and have a snooze. He was not impressed. It took a good hour for him to stop tossing and finally settle into a very very very light sleep...

This is such a rare occurance. I couldn't tell you the last time he napped? I had to grab my camera and snap a photo to prove that he did it...

And as soon as I made the little click click with my camera...
...his eyes flew open and that was the end of his 3 minute nap. Seriously.

Keith got home last night with something that will hopefully help Max's (less than ideal) night time sleeping habits. Blinds. We've been trying to figure out what do for window coverings in this house. It's a bit of an investment, so we didn't just want to jump into something and make some decisions that we'd hate down the road and be rather stuck with them. I had tried some 2 inch slat blinds from Sears that were just horrible and so we sent them back. Anyway. Last Friday night Max and I met up with Keith after work for some errands and dinner. On a whim we went into Blinds2Go. And they were having a sale. A 50% off sale. Too good to be true sale. We were thinking about going with bamboo blinds. But getting them priced out and then having the 2 inch slat blinds priced out....it was an absolute no brainer. If you are local and need some blinds - get over there! I think the sale is on until April 25th. The blinds went up in his room last night. And I think he woke up even earlier than normal this morning. Why am I not surprised?!


You know someone is not feeling well, when he asks to put on his PJ's at 4:00 in the afternoon already. No problemo. He was craving fruit smoothies. So we whipped up a batch in the blender of whatever we could find in the fridge...raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, orange juice, milk and icecubes. It hit the spot.



Well my little sick boy is done with playing legos and listening to Christopher Churchmouse stories. He's currently checking his temperature with the thermometer and I'm being summoned to read the Buster Bears Twins book to him. Dare I suggest a nap today? I think we'll just go with a super early bedtime instead...   :-)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Patti,
I was so sad that you took your blog private but I clicked on your link today with a happy surprise. I love your pictures. You are very talented. So glad I was able to take a peek.
Michelle

Pauser said...

Hope you all feel better soon.
It is not fun been sick.