Thursday, July 31, 2008

Farmer Boy














We're back from Ontario. I know I probably say this every time...that our time there went by so fast and it was a complete and utter whirlwind. But it's true. Even more so this time since we were only there for a little over a week. Definitely was a good time though! :)

I'm going to post pictures topic style just to make it a bit easier (for me). This post is all about my little farmer boy. Who just loves to get tractor rides with grandpa. And "help" his uncle Chad milk the cows and feed them hay. Half way through our visit he piped up one day with "Uncle Chad, do you know what I want to be when I grow up?" He then continued with "a soccer player, a superhero, astronaut and a busy worker. Oh. And one more brand new thing. A farmer!" He probably drove his Aunt Vanessa crazy with all the stuff he wanted to do with her. I'm sure she's enjoying a little peace and quiet now that he's not there to pester her with "Aunt Vanessa....do you want to jump on the trampoline? Let's play farm. Can you play soccer with me? Can you read me a story. Let's play marbles. Is it time to farm yet? Where are the chickens? Where's Nikki? (Nikki being the farm dog whom he just absolutely adores)..." and so the list went on. Poor Aunt Vanessa! (She probably never imagined there would come a day when she'd get sick of "playing.") He even wore his Aunt LeeAnne out. She looked after him for part of the day while I was attending a funeral. When I came home, LeeAnne was slumped in a chair looking utterly exhausted. All the while, Max was running circles around her asking if she wanted to go jumping on the trampoline. She looked at me out of the corner of her eye and said "If he was my kid, I'd be totally arranging playdates for him nonstop!" Ah yes LeeAnne...and that's why I do - there is a method to my madness!

P.S. Don't you love Max's stylin' barn boots? Hand-me-downs from Aunt Vanessa! :-) Also - we came with a very limited clothing supply. So even though Max is wearing alot of the same thing in the pics, they were taken over many different days. We took advantage of Grandma's washing machine! :0)

1 comment:

jenn said...

hehe he's too cute! Didn't know you were in, but sounds like it was for a funeral :-(

Hugs to you!