






This past fine Monday morning, Max and I went to visit cousin Kyle and cousin Kurtis and Aunt Donna. More fun in the fresh country air! Kyle and Max played together quite well considering the fact they both had stayed up waaaaaay late the previous night at a little get-together we were all at. So yes, at times there were tears and frustrations, but it never lasted long and they were busy having fun the whole morning....checking out the chicken coop, trampolining, playing in the "tree fort" and picking lovely dandilion bouquets for their mothers...(more on that later). Part way through the morning, Great Grandma stopped by for a little visit. It was so nice to see her and spend some time with her. She brought the boys each a little treat - two homemade chocolate chip cookies and a wintergreen candy in a little bag. The boys took care of that in no time at all!
Just before we left, the funniest little episode took place. (Donna, I hope you don't mind me sharing this. I am still laughing about it when it crosses my mind. But only because I'm not the one it happened to!) I mentioned earlier that the boys picked us dandilion bouquets. They were very beautiful. But here's the thing... Kyle also presented his mom with a "piece of plastic" at the same time. Turns out it wasn't plastic though. It was a dried snake skin. OH YEAH! I didn't even clue in what was going on until I started paying attention to the excitement level in Donna's voice....and then when I realized what Kyle was trying to give to his mom, well...I couldn't stop laughing - but at the same time, definately keeping my distance! Donna...I hope you are able to work on your gardens and flowerbeds without having to worry about any pets slithering by. Get James out there on a hunt! And the sooner the better! :-) If it makes you feel any better, later that afternoon when I was at my parents, Vanessa spied a snake at the end of the lane when she was taking the garbage out. She freaked of course and came flying back to tell my dad. Who in turn, grabbed a shotgun or something of the sort, drove out on the tractor and shot it. Can you believe that?! Only in the country does that happen. At the same time he shot the snake, Bell Telephone workers were there installing a phone line. When my dad came driving back in the lane, the one worker put up his arms in mock surrender!! I can only imagine what they were thinking goes on in the country! LOL!
And did you notice the difference between the last two photo's. That is a split second difference mind you. My little guy is almost impossible to photograph with a nice smiling face this last while....he's all about acting crazy and goofy. I was fortunate to capture him smiling the first time. That last photo is usually the only face I'm able to catch this last while. Little goof!
No comments:
Post a Comment