My little entrepreneur Max.
Do you know what a "Tryout Stand" is?
I didn't until quite recently.
Our neighbours a few doors down set up a lemonade stand on Friday afternoon. Mr. Max's eagle eyes spied it (almost immediately I might add. How does he notice these things?!) and so we scrounged up some spare change and wandered down to buy a few cups. As we were walking back Max said to me that he wanted to have a lemonade stand too. I suggested that since the neighbours had one today that we wait a few days. He seemed fine with this. But then he said "I KNOW! I'm going to have a tryout stand, ok mom?" I said sure...and I have to confess that I really didn't know what he was talking about. A few minutes later I came out on the front porch and Max proudly informed me that his Tryout Stand was open for business. Lo and behold he had placed his bike, scooter, jeep and hockey sticks at the front of the driveway in a neat line. He spent some time with the chalk writing down the names of each item and then he started singing a little song "Tryout Stand! Come to my Tryout Stand" and every car that drove by he would wave very enthusiastically to. So the whole premise behind this tryout stand was that kids were supposed to come by and tryout his toys. And he thought that a dollar would be a good amount to pay. Oh boy! I was more than amused. A bit impressed with his little idea. But how to encourage him to let his friends come by and tryout the toys without paying?! As it happened, we needed to run out for a few errands and so we put the toys away while we were gone and he hasn't had time to start it up again. I think we need to do a lemonade or ice tea stand in the very near future to get him off this kick!
1 comment:
LMAO...okay that kid has some GOOD business sense. I'm serious!!!!!!
Post a Comment